Canon extra lan

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,595
Canon extra lan

Hello all wasn't sure where to post this, is the Canon extended warranty plan worth it?

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D
Distinctly Average Senior Member • Posts: 1,119
Re: Canon extra lan

Rocket13 wrote:

Hello all wasn't sure where to post this, is the Canon extended warranty plan worth it?

I think you need to state which country you are in. In many countries like the EU, UK and Australia for instance, strong statutory rights and consumer law offer more protection than many extended warranties do and are free by their very nature. While it can sometimes be hard to get retailers to live up to their legal responsibilities, the laws are there to protect the consumer. So in my opinion, in countries with such laws there is no need to pay more. However, that may not be true where you are based.

-- hide signature --
OP Rocket13 Senior Member • Posts: 3,595

I'm sorry never thought of that. I Am in the US, warranty about to expire on my 100-400mm and 90D. Thank you.

Rocket13's gear list:Rocket13's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel T6 Canon EOS 90D
Andy01 Senior Member • Posts: 4,377

Distinctly Average wrote:

Rocket13 wrote:

I think you need to state which country you are in. In many countries like the EU, UK and Australia for instance, strong statutory rights and consumer law offer more protection than many extended warranties do and are free by their very nature. While it can sometimes be hard to get retailers to live up to their legal responsibilities, the laws are there to protect the consumer. So in my opinion, in countries with such laws there is no need to pay more. However, that may not be true where you are based.

Canon already gives a 5 year warranty standard in Australia.

Colin

Andy01's gear list:Andy01's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads