Bank, City Of London

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,339
Bank, City Of London

Couple of compositions of the financial district of London at Bank underground station, including skyscrapers, the Royal Exchange which is the white pillared roman style building and the Bank of England. The second photo makes me think a little of Batman and Gotham City.

The Royal Exchange in London was founded in the 16th century by the merchant Sir Thomas Gresham on the suggestion of his factor Richard Clough to act as a centre of commerce for the City of London. The site was provided by the City of London Corporation and the Worshipful Company of Mercers, who still jointly own the freehold. It is trapezoidal in shape and is flanked by Cornhill and Threadneedle Street, which converge at Bank junction in the heart of the City. It lies in the ward of Cornhill.

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
1Dx4me
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 11,348
Re: Bank, City Of London

i like photo #2's composition and the cloud formation but seems like you were using UW lens too close to the light fixture to the immediate right, which makes a bit flat and funny looking. other than that, it is a fine image.

-- hide signature --

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!

OP Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,339

1Dx4me wrote:

i like photo #2's composition and the cloud formation but seems like you were using UW lens too close to the light fixture to the immediate right, which makes a bit flat and funny looking. other than that, it is a fine image.

Thanks. Well I used a 16mm wide angle lens, although actuslly 24mm FF equivalent so not ultra wide, but what happened is that I straightened the buildings as best I could in lightroom using the transform guidance line tool and it's distorted the light fixture in the process. I'll have to go back and see if I can sort that light out.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +2 more
RUcrAZ
RUcrAZ Veteran Member • Posts: 6,798

Very interesting photos, nice to see shots from the heart of the "City." Please next time show a little bit of the sidewalks and street, at the bottom. It gives a little more "being there" perspective.

OP Merlin5 Senior Member • Posts: 1,339

RUcrAZ wrote:

Very interesting photos, nice to see shots from the heart of the "City." Please next time show a little bit of the sidewalks and street, at the bottom. It gives a little more "being there" perspective.

Thanks RUcrAZ. Agreed, will do that next, I'll probably go out there again to shoot a similar scene.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads