A few birds and a sunset

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
adk38 Senior Member • Posts: 1,435
A few birds and a sunset

First harriers and a buzzard. I can find them but can't have the light as I'd like. Then a few small birds from today and a sunset from yesterday

Male

Female

Boss buzzard

adk38's gear list:adk38's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Sony a6600 +9 more
philzucker
philzucker Veteran Member • Posts: 9,339
Re: A few birds and a sunset

The harriers and the buzzard are impressive, but my favorites are the white wagtail with the straw in its beak - and the trio of ducks landing. Quite a scene!

TFS - nice to view!

Phil

-- hide signature --
OP adk38 Senior Member • Posts: 1,435

philzucker wrote:

The harriers and the buzzard are impressive, but my favorites are the white wagtail with the straw in its beak - and the trio of ducks landing. Quite a scene!

TFS - nice to view!

Phil

Thanks Phil. Yep, the wagtails are cute. Almost a bit curious, glad I have the silent shutter. The ducks were full speed fun but the eurasian penduline tit was the grand price since it's a rare one

zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 34,070
adk38,

Always nice to see birds from another area - and I always love raptors in flight.  I also find it funny how 'buzzard' has such a different meaning over the pond - here, 'buzzard' refers to vultures, not raptors/hawks!

Also, beautiful sunset partial silhouettes.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
OP adk38 Senior Member • Posts: 1,435
Re: adk38,

zackiedawg wrote:

Always nice to see birds from another area - and I always love raptors in flight. I also find it funny how 'buzzard' has such a different meaning over the pond - here, 'buzzard' refers to vultures, not raptors/hawks!

Also, beautiful sunset partial silhouettes.

Agree, I appreciate your pictures/posts with so much wildlife I will never see where I live

Buzzards and other raptors here will take an easy meal anytime. Roadkills and other dead animals if possible. Funny thing with this buzzard is that four days in a row it came pretty close to me. There were 8-10 in a small area but from pictures/feathers(lost) I can see it's the same. Mostly they just show me the back

Newbie Phewbie Senior Member • Posts: 1,962

Lovely set!

I had to look up Eurasian Penduline to see which one you were referring to. Looks like a racoon bird

I too loved the wagtail shot. I once saw one in Cornwall, cute birds!

Newbie Phewbie's gear list:Newbie Phewbie's gear list
Sony a6500 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +4 more
daqk Contributing Member • Posts: 921

Like them all especially no.5, these little guys go really fast, hard to catch on fly LoL

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads