tulip fields (NL)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
akustykmagmanetpl Senior Member • Posts: 1,313
tulip fields (NL)

near LIsse, South Holland, Netherlands

19mm POV

50mm POV

akustykmagmanetpl's gear list:akustykmagmanetpl's gear list
Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +8 more
ken_in_nh Senior Member • Posts: 1,501
Re: tulip fields (NL)

Why is your horizon line so low?  These seem more like "blue sky with clouds" shots with a bit of tulip foreground.  I think you'd have a much more interesting picture if you were down among the flowers, showing the converging lines off to infinity.

JMHO

clouseau
clouseau Senior Member • Posts: 1,492

ken_in_nh wrote:

Why is your horizon line so low? These seem more like "blue sky with clouds" shots with a bit of tulip foreground. I think you'd have a much more interesting picture if you were down among the flowers, showing the converging lines off to infinity.

JMHO

I fully agree with you!!

pierre

-- hide signature --

"Life is pain....AU CHOCOLAT!"
Oh! Great Spirit! Grant me not to criticize my neighbor till I have walked a mile in his moccasins.

ken_in_nh Senior Member • Posts: 1,501

The first image makes good use of the vanishing point, but it gets lost under the sky.  I totally missed it on my earlier views, being distracted by the clouds, nice as they are!

OP akustykmagmanetpl Senior Member • Posts: 1,313

ken_in_nh wrote:

Why is your horizon line so low? These seem more like "blue sky with clouds" shots with a bit of tulip foreground. I think you'd have a much more interesting picture if you were down among the flowers, showing the converging lines off to infinity.

JMHO

this works with larger surfaces of tulips and we don't have those this year. tulips are very late and much less than in past years where there'd be tourists...

in the past years it used to look like this:

this year we got cold Arctic air with lovely clouds but tulips scarse and hesitant to come out so far. I got this kind of shots only in vertical compositions

Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 80D Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM +8 more

one more from this year. still the same (so far the only one well located and accessible) plot. but yeah, this one also has relatively good chunk of sky. I guess in flat country with sh* of winds blowing from the sea you get more alert to cloud formation and use them more than landscape photogs blessed with more vertical component

Captain Hook
Captain Hook Senior Member • Posts: 2,255

akustykmagmanetpl wrote:

this works with larger surfaces of tulips and we don't have those this year. tulips are very late and much less than in past years where there'd be tourists...

Just be patient...

I've checked today, but here in the Flevopolder, there aren't hardly any tulips already blooming.

Probably in a week or so, there will be much more color!

But we do have the images from the past years:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/chasa-imago/albums/72157633457241888

Captain Hook wrote:

akustykmagmanetpl wrote:

Just be patient...

I've checked today, but here in the Flevopolder, there aren't hardly any tulips already blooming.

Probably in a week or so, there will be much more color!

yeah, that's it, I guess. those 3 weeks or so of cold northern winds delayed our spring this year

at least they're over now...

mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 5,097

akustykmagmanetpl wrote:

This one has a lot of potential.

This is the kind of place I would want my 10 foot step ladder to shoot off of.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 2,167

akustykmagmanetpl wrote:

ken_in_nh wrote:

JMHO

in the past years it used to look like this:

this year we got cold Arctic air with lovely clouds but tulips scarse and hesitant to come out so far. I got this kind of shots only in vertical compositions

Your third image, shot in portrait, would make a good focus stack on a day with no wind.  Really like these.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads