Bega River

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Quarkcharmed
Quarkcharmed Senior Member • Posts: 1,297
Bega River

An absolutely unexpected shot from Bega river, NSW. This is the case when overcast uninteresting sky suddenly provides beautiful golden hour light.

C&C is welcome, as well as editing and reposting into this thread. I have quite a few different crops of this image, below is just one of them.

Bega River

Quarkcharmed's gear list:Quarkcharmed's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
ken_in_nh Senior Member • Posts: 1,591
Re: Bega River

Nicely done.  The somewhat monochromatic look is interesting, too.  Reminds me of toned BW prints from decades past.

Lan Veteran Member • Posts: 3,025

Lovely shot! I must admit I'm always amazed when the weather provides you with a window like that. If I were to suggest anything, I might move the tint a bit more towards green - it feels a bit magenta to me?

Quarkcharmed
OP Quarkcharmed Senior Member • Posts: 1,297

ken_in_nh wrote:

Nicely done. The somewhat monochromatic look is interesting, too. Reminds me of toned BW prints from decades past.

Thanks! In this case it's not toned, just all yellowish-gold, although I'm not 100% sure if I got the balance right.

Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Quarkcharmed
OP Quarkcharmed Senior Member • Posts: 1,297

Lan wrote:

Lovely shot! I must admit I'm always amazed when the weather provides you with a window like that. If I were to suggest anything, I might move the tint a bit more towards green - it feels a bit magenta to me?

Thanks! That may be true. Good point. Usually I tune WB in camera in such cases, so that the live view image matches the reality. That way don't have to guess in postprocessing. This time I was in such a rush I forgot to do it, and now will probably have to work on WB more.

1971_M5
1971_M5 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,715

Nice!  Great "feel" to it.  Always good to be ready when the opportunity presents itself.

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads