Carting Photo Gear to a Shoot

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
flyinglentris
flyinglentris Senior Member • Posts: 1,355
Carting Photo Gear to a Shoot

I recently invested in a folding Ozark Trails cart, initially, to cart my groceries in from my truck in one trip, but had thought that the beast would work fine for carting photo gear to shoots, off road - or wherever.

Ozark Trails Large Cart

And the beast folds up too.

Ozark Trails Large Cart, Folded Up

It's not quite what you'd think for photography gear, but it works for the purpose - and others, like getting those groceries into the digs in one trip.

I had originally thought to get a classical Radio Flyer kid's wagon, but after digging around, settled on this.

-- hide signature --

"If you are among those who believe that it has all been done already and nothing new can be achieved, you've murdered your own artistry before ever letting it live. You abort it in its fetal state. There is much that has yet to be spoken in art and composition and it grows with the passage of time. Evolving technologies, world environments and ideologies all drive change in thoughts, passion and expression. There is no way that it can all ever be done already. And therein lies the venue for the creative artist, a venue that is as diverse as the universe is unmapped and unexplored." - Quote from FlyingLentris
~
flyinglentris in LLOMA

Mark B.
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 27,951
Re: Carting Photo Gear to a Shoot

flyinglentris wrote:

I recently invested in a folding Ozark Trails cart, initially, to cart my groceries in from my truck in one trip, but had thought that the beast would work fine for carting photo gear to shoots, off road - or wherever.

Ozark Trails Large Cart

It's not quite what you'd think for photography gear, but it works for the purpose - and others, like getting those groceries into the digs in one trip.

I had originally thought to get a classical Radio Flyer kid's wagon, but after digging around, settled on this.

I've thought about getting something similar; I've seen essentially the same cart sold under other brands.  Would be ok on packed gravel, but not so good on a sandy beach.

flyinglentris
OP flyinglentris Senior Member • Posts: 1,355

Mark B. wrote:

flyinglentris wrote:

Ozark Trails Large Cart

I've thought about getting something similar; I've seen essentially the same cart sold under other brands. Would be ok on packed gravel, but not so good on a sandy beach.

That would sort of be like the  Mars rover getting stuck in the sand?

-- hide signature --

"If you are among those who believe that it has all been done already and nothing new can be achieved, you've murdered your own artistry before ever letting it live. You abort it in its fetal state. There is much that has yet to be spoken in art and composition and it grows with the passage of time. Evolving technologies, world environments and ideologies all drive change in thoughts, passion and expression. There is no way that it can all ever be done already. And therein lies the venue for the creative artist, a venue that is as diverse as the universe is unmapped and unexplored." - Quote from FlyingLentris
~
flyinglentris in LLOMA

John Crowe
John Crowe Senior Member • Posts: 1,217

Very good. Saw someone last year with something very similar.

They paved the trail to my favourite corner at my local race track a few years back and I keep thinking of something similar. There is a big hill too so I have considered jerry rigging a golf bag motorized unit.

John Crowe's gear list:John Crowe's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Kenko Teleplus Pro 300 AF 1.4x Venus Laowa 12mm F2.8 Zero-D +15 more
NancyP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,527

flyinglentris, I like your sigfile quote.

-- hide signature --

NancyP

NancyP's gear list:NancyP's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill
HRC2016 Senior Member • Posts: 6,215

Well it provides less risk of injury than a sling/messenger bag.

-- hide signature --

Satan loves the shadows - and the highlights.

HRC2016's gear list:HRC2016's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 +2 more
flyinglentris
OP flyinglentris Senior Member • Posts: 1,355

NancyP wrote:

flyinglentris, I like your sigfile quote.

Thank you.  These are my thoughts, expressed in words.

-- hide signature --

~
flyinglentris in LLOMA

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads