OM10 MII: Workspace on Win7?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
renixx
renixx Regular Member • Posts: 382
OM10 MII: Workspace on Win7?

Hello everybody,
today I got the M10 MII and I would like to update the firmware. But I don't have a PC with win10 but a notebook with Win7.
Is there any way to update it anyway? Workspace requires win10.

-- hide signature --

Nikon Z6
Nikon Z 24-70/4
Nikon Z 85 1,8 S
Nikon Z 24-200
Helios 44-2
Lumix 12-32
Lumix 45-150
Olympus OM D EM10 MII

Leica M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Danielvr Veteran Member • Posts: 5,741
Re: OM10 MII: Workspace on Win7?

today I got the M10 MII and I would like to update the firmware. But I don't have a PC with win10 but a notebook with Win7.
Is there any way to update it anyway? Workspace requires win10.

The separate Olympus Camera Updater (link) requires only Win XP or higher.

Alternatively, there's a website that a German user made, where you can download firmware binaries that you simply copy to your memory card and then the camera updates itself from that. It's not an official solution from Oly, so use at your own risk (I don't think anyone here has ever reported any problems related to it though). See https://lightsnowdev.com/Olympus/OMD/OMD-E-M10II.html if interested.

Danielvr's gear list:Danielvr's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic GH5S Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Carl Zeiss Planar T* 1,4/50 +3 more
rodriguezPhoto
rodriguezPhoto Veteran Member • Posts: 3,454
Re: OM10 MII: Workspace on Win7?

Yes.  I'm still on Win7 and it works just fine.  Be sure to read all the instructions first and follow the steps carefully.  Maybe print them for reference before you begin.

-- hide signature --

~~~ Kim

rodriguezPhoto's gear list:rodriguezPhoto's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II +49 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads