PENTAX K-3 Mark III live Q&A

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
JGoodard
JGoodard Regular Member • Posts: 160

Albert Siegel K3-III Q&A

JGoodard's gear list:JGoodard's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Michael Piziak
Michael Piziak Contributing Member • Posts: 788
Re: PENTAX K-3 Mark III live Q&A

thanks for posting!

Michael Piziak's gear list:Michael Piziak's gear list
Pentax K-S2 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +2 more
Confused of Malvern Senior Member • Posts: 1,539

JGoodard wrote:

Albert Siegel K3-III Q&A

He undoubtedly likes it but his favourite phrase seems to be "it's not too bad".

That's somewhat damning with faint praise!

-- hide signature --

Confused of Malvern
'The greatest fool can ask more than the wisest man can answer'

Confused of Malvern's gear list:Confused of Malvern's gear list
Canon G7 X II Pentax K-3 +1 more
LightBug Senior Member • Posts: 2,736

Confused of Malvern wrote:

JGoodard wrote:

Albert Siegel K3-III Q&A

He undoubtedly likes it but his favourite phrase seems to be "it's not too bad".

That's somewhat damning with faint praise!

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's not easy to do things live and watch every word you say so people do not misinterpret you.

LightBug's gear list:LightBug's gear list
Pentax 645Z Pentax Q-S1 Pentax KP Ricoh Theta V Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +20 more

JGoodard wrote:

Albert Siegel K3-III Q&A

Thanks for posting. Albert did mention eye focus tracking works well, which is very encouraging.

Pentax 645Z Pentax Q-S1 Pentax KP Ricoh Theta V Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +20 more
JGoodard
OP JGoodard Regular Member • Posts: 160

Paired with some good lenses, this new Pentax should make its owners very happy.

Albert confirmed (not official) that another DSLR is coming. That’s the one I am personally waiting for, assuming it’s the k-70/KP replacement. Admittedly, if I had the disposable funds, I would be purchasing the K3-III. Looks solid.

I am saving, instead, for the new D-FA Ltd.

JGoodard's gear list:JGoodard's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited

JGoodard wrote:

Paired with some good lenses, this new Pentax should make its owners very happy.

Albert confirmed (not official) that another DSLR is coming. That’s the one I am personally waiting for, assuming it’s the k-70/KP replacement. Admittedly, if I had the disposable funds, I would be purchasing the K3-III. Looks solid.

I am saving, instead, for the new D-FA Ltd.

K-70 is still being sold, so I think the low end is covered. A KP replacement so soon would cannibalize sales of K3-iii, so I think KP replacement would not be coming anytime soon.

My guess is that the next DSLR would be FF or 645.

ozdean
ozdean Forum Pro • Posts: 27,284

A good honest review from Albert, down to  earth and unscripted.

I don't know how the Pentax Engineers have managed to do eye tracking in Optical Mode - very clever.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Mark III Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited +13 more
robbo d Veteran Member • Posts: 3,400

Nice laid back and without the Pentax dribble associated with a lot of the other videos about one ness with the body and feeling like part of the process....

He seems very impressed with the eye focus tracking which is very promising.

The comments about the joy stick in use with AF-C is what interests me. That could be a very very handy feature for weddings, sport and wildlife.

However my D800 can face detect through the viewfinder in 3D tracking mode and thats a camera from 2012, so it's not surprising they have found a way to imitate that capability and hopefully improve on it.

Maybe a little too late for me, while i'm not concerned at the release price as other new models were released for the same $$$  ...... soooo many good low mileage Nikon bodies and lenses coming on the market now as people go mirrorless, it begs the question for me about value.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads