Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI
1

Should I keep it or return it?

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,154
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

Elliott will know!

-- hide signature --

DaveL
WSSA Member #468
Ontario, Canada

 D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

D Lynch wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

Elliott will know!

Ok just emailed him

Thanks Dave

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,012
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

You mean RX100M3 vs RX100M6?  In that case, assuming I remember correctly, the question boils down to whether you ordered the M3 for its low-light performance and will rely on your RX10M4 anyway for the long range.

Though if you paid for an RX100M3, you may be better off reselling the RX100M6 and ordering another RX100M3.  Repeat until you actually get one.

-- hide signature --

Dak

 Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 49,493
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

Do you mean RX100iii or vi? I say keep the VI because it's worth more money.

-- hide signature --

Tom

 tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

tbcass wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

Do you mean RX100iii or vi? I say keep the VI because it's worth more money.

Exactly. Think I'll keep it. I don't need it for lowlight!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

You mean RX100M3 vs RX100M6? In that case, assuming I remember correctly, the question boils down to whether you ordered the M3 for its low-light performance and will rely on your RX10M4 anyway for the long range.

Though if you paid for an RX100M3, you may be better off reselling the RX100M6 and ordering another RX100M3. Repeat until you actually get one.

Thinking about it and reading reviews think I'll keep it. Don't need it for lowlight!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Dak on cam
Dak on cam Senior Member • Posts: 6,012
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI
1

Bill Borne wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

You mean RX100M3 vs RX100M6? In that case, assuming I remember correctly, the question boils down to whether you ordered the M3 for its low-light performance and will rely on your RX10M4 anyway for the long range.

Though if you paid for an RX100M3, you may be better off reselling the RX100M6 and ordering another RX100M3. Repeat until you actually get one.

Thinking about it and reading reviews think I'll keep it. Don't need it for lowlight!

Just keep in mind that calling in any kind of warranty (even separately bought) can become problematic when the receipt says RX100M3 and the camera is RX100M6.

-- hide signature --

Dak

 Dak on cam's gear list:Dak on cam's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P52 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H2 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Ordered HX100 III Received HX100 VI

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Bill Borne wrote:

Should I keep it or return it?

You mean RX100M3 vs RX100M6? In that case, assuming I remember correctly, the question boils down to whether you ordered the M3 for its low-light performance and will rely on your RX10M4 anyway for the long range.

Though if you paid for an RX100M3, you may be better off reselling the RX100M6 and ordering another RX100M3. Repeat until you actually get one.

Thinking about it and reading reviews think I'll keep it. Don't need it for lowlight!

Just keep in mind that calling in any kind of warranty (even separately bought) can become problematic when the receipt says RX100M3 and the camera is RX100M6.

yes receipt says HX100 III and that is the cam I am replacing cause it got wet when I fell in the creek so I'll use the purchased warranty for that cam!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Parker21 Forum Member • Posts: 85
Keep

It has a nice zoom range.

Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Keep

Parker21 wrote:

It has a nice zoom range.

Yup decided to keep it

Thanks for the reply

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Decided to KEEP it!
-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
elliottnewcomb Forum Pro • Posts: 17,566
Re: Decided to KEEP it!

Bill,

You keep writing HX, I, and others are convinced you mean RX i.e. rx100m3 or rx100m6.

I have both the rx100m3 (24-70mm starts f1.8) (just repaired) and rx100m6, (24-200mm starts f2.8). I will bring them both, you can compare them and decide before the return period ends.

Because you have RX10m4 for reach, AND because you will carry and use that size camera, I would return the m6 and get the m3, shorter range but wonderful f1.8 lens.

You have the PDCD focus system in the RX10m4, combined with it's 600mm reach, thus, the rx100m3 having only CD focus system, which you already know is damn good, is not a limitation.

Me, unwilling to carry/use a big RX10m4, the rx100m6's greater reach is very desirable. However, because I missed the brighter lens, I just decided to fix my rx100m3.

RX10m4 paired with any bright short range rx100 (1,2,3,4,5) is a terrific pairing, especially for travel and a nice mix of portability.

-- hide signature --

Elliott

 elliottnewcomb's gear list:elliottnewcomb's gear list
Sony RX1R Olympus Stylus 1s Sony RX100 VI Sony Xperia XZ +1 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
Re: Decided to KEEP it!

elliottnewcomb wrote:

Bill,

You keep writing HX, I, and others are convinced you mean RX i.e. rx100m3 or rx100m6.

I have both the rx100m3 (24-70mm starts f1.8) (just repaired) and rx100m6, (24-200mm starts f2.8). I will bring them both, you can compare them and decide before the return period ends.

Because you have RX10m4 for reach, AND because you will carry and use that size camera, I would return the m6 and get the m3, shorter range but wonderful f1.8 lens.

You have the PDCD focus system in the RX10m4, combined with it's 600mm reach, thus, the rx100m3 having only CD focus system, which you already know is damn good, is not a limitation.

Me, unwilling to carry/use a big RX10m4, the rx100m6's greater reach is very desirable. However, because I missed the brighter lens, I just decided to fix my rx100m3.

RX10m4 paired with any bright short range rx100 (1,2,3,4,5) is a terrific pairing, especially for travel and a nice mix of portability.

Yes I know I keep saying hx but I'm getting old. Well I ordered the RX100 III for $600 and received RX100 VI ($1000) for that price and ordered a 2 year replacement policy so after a while I'll send in the RX100 III under warranty! Done that before!

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Bill Borne
OP Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 45,312
I meant RX100 III Received RX100 VI

I'm getting OLD..... 

-- hide signature --

Bill
"Life's Too Short to Worry about the BS!"
So I Choose my Battles
Click for Wild Man's Photos
Using Rx10 IV at Present

 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III Nikon Coolpix P900 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads