Menu non-cpu lens in D200

Started 9 months ago | Questions
jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 379
Menu non-cpu lens in D200

Dear Dx users,

I have purchased a D200 in mint condition. As always I would like to use my ai lenses. I am used to the menu from the D3 and D700. Here you can enter several non cpu-lenses.  On the non cpu lens menu of the D200 this option appears not to exist. Instead there is some talk about a function key, which I don't understand. I am correct to assume that you have the enter the non cpu data each time after you swithc lenses. Can you use only 1 non cpu-lens?

Thank you,

Jon

jebo1's gear list:jebo1's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D200 Nikon D3 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Brian OReilly Contributing Member • Posts: 746
Re: Menu non-cpu lens in D200

Ah Ha

Yes - as far as recall the D200 'only' allows one to set a single non-CPU lens at a time.

Better get used to the menu

Or - use this as a creative opportunity to only use one lens on the D200 on a given occasion!

Enjoy your D200

Hope this helps

Brian

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
OP jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 379

Thank you!

Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D3 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +2 more
afoton
afoton Senior Member • Posts: 1,799

On D3 and D700 the non-cpu menu is limited to 9 different lenses. On D200 this limit isn't there. When you find out of the function key (read the manual, you can download it from Nikon) you will find D200 to be much more flexible and easy to use if you have more than those 9 lenses.

If setting menu-item f4 to 'lens data', the lower button at the front will let you set non-cpu-lens-data. Press the button and turn the back wheel for changing focal length and the front wheel for changing max aperture.

OP jebo1 Regular Member • Posts: 379

Thank you very much afoton, what a great camera. The rear control wheel was a bit sticky but it has losened up.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads