Canon Pro 1000 - most used colors

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,816
Canon Pro 1000 - most used colors

Well, our printer got no usage during 2020, and its forgotten all it’s ink levels. Now I know they were low, but I’m not about to replace all of them at once. Now i know PBK, CO, and GY are brand new, but what colors would you replace in order at this point? Replacing 9 in one week isn’t an option.

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +12 more
Ken60 Senior Member • Posts: 2,705
Re: Canon Pro 1000 - most used colors

IR1234 wrote:

Well, our printer got no usage during 2020, and its forgotten all it’s ink levels. Now I know they were low, but I’m not about to replace all of them at once. Now i know PBK, CO, and GY are brand new, but what colors would you replace in order at this point? Replacing 9 in one week isn’t an option.

I would talk to Canon about this, before you spend as I can't see why it has amnesia !  Try interrogating it  via your PC control panel  aka Quick Utility Toolbox.

As for my usage, all the blacks MBP, PBK, GY, PGY, Co, then  Yellow and  Red.

-- hide signature --

Gear ... what I need to get the job done , after all you don't see mechanics listing their brand of spanner as a qualification .

Rob de Loe
Rob de Loe Senior Member • Posts: 1,067

IR1234 wrote:

In a few places I've read that the weight of a fully empty cart is 37 g. Here's an example: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-1000-Print-with-quot-Low-Ink-quot-warning/td-p/296487

olakiril2 Contributing Member • Posts: 697

Rob de Loe wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

In a few places I've read that the weight of a fully empty cart is 37 g. Here's an example: https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Professional-Photo-Printers/Pro-1000-Print-with-quot-Low-Ink-quot-warning/td-p/296487

Yep, weighing them is the way to go.

OP IR1234 Senior Member • Posts: 1,816

olakiril2 wrote:

Rob de Loe wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

Yep, weighing them is the way to go.

Would the printer reset it's counter and show them as full when I put them back in?

IR1234's gear list:IR1234's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 550D +12 more
olakiril2 Contributing Member • Posts: 697

No you should be good.  that's why they have a chip.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads