Vuescan not recognizing Plustek 8100

Started 6 months ago | Questions
jorgemtrevino
jorgemtrevino Regular Member • Posts: 311
Vuescan not recognizing Plustek 8100

Using Windows 10 latest. I changed PC's recently and lost most of my settings. VueScan used to find my Plustek 8100 without a hitch but I just cannot, do what I may, get it to recognize it again.
I installed everything I could from the supplied CD's, save for the problematic SilverFast that my CD drive won't read. VueScan is supposed to support the 8100 and cross my heart, last year it did.
Now I'm in dire need of scanning a lot of newly processed negs and the Epson v750 just won't do in terms of sharpness. I hate the macro shooting of negs over a light box but maybe that's my only option?
The 8100 lights up all right so I think it's software related. Any ideas? I don't know anywhere else to ask. Help much appreciated.

jorgemtrevino's gear list:jorgemtrevino's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
sybersitizen Forum Pro • Posts: 21,048
Re: Vuescan not recognizing Plustek 8100

jorgemtrevino wrote:

Any ideas? I don't know anywhere else to ask.

How about Ed Hamrick himself? Every time I've contacted him with questions through the website I've received quick responses.

https://www.hamrick.com/problem-report.html

jorgemtrevino
OP jorgemtrevino Regular Member • Posts: 311

sybersitizen wrote:

jorgemtrevino wrote:

How about Ed Hamrick himself? Every time I've contacted him with questions through the website I've received quick responses.

Thanks sybersitizen, found the culprit trying to install SilverFast (migrating the installer from the quirky CD to a thumb drive). I noticed that my front ports weren't reading the memory stick and promptly applied a removal of all the USB ports.
They were there OK on reboot. The 8100 still doesn't show on the front ports which I use for non permanent hardware but a removal of other peripheral from one of the rear ports solved all woes. I was pretty sure it was software related but, alas, never dawned on me It would be the dang system!
VueScan got me the images fast as lightning. I was reluctant to pester Hamrick but would have ringed tomorrow soon as Europe dawns! 😄
This is BTW a superb resource, thanks for chiming in.
Greetings from pandemic Mexico!

Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +12 more
Overrank
Overrank Senior Member • Posts: 2,925

jorgemtrevino wrote:

sybersitizen wrote:

jorgemtrevino wrote:

Thanks sybersitizen, found the culprit trying to install SilverFast (migrating the installer from the quirky CD to a thumb drive). I noticed that my front ports weren't reading the memory stick and promptly applied a removal of all the USB ports.
They were there OK on reboot. The 8100 still doesn't show on the front ports which I use for non permanent hardware but a removal of other peripheral from one of the rear ports solved all woes. I was pretty sure it was software related but, alas, never dawned on me It would be the dang system!
VueScan got me the images fast as lightning. I was reluctant to pester Hamrick but would have ringed tomorrow soon as Europe dawns! 😄
This is BTW a superb resource, thanks for chiming in.
Greetings from pandemic Mexico!

My Plustek works OK with Silverfast but VueScan doesn’t recognise it.  VueScan recognises all my other scanners though.  It even recognises the Reflecta 10T that’s now  plugged into the port I was using for the Plustek

jorgemtrevino
OP jorgemtrevino Regular Member • Posts: 311

Sorry to hear that, maybe time to ring Ed Hamrick on the matter? There's a link to the support in one of the previous messages... Tried through Photoshop and Twain?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads