Fuji W3 2021 photos ( Crosseyed SBS RL)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
yuriythebest Junior Member • Posts: 36
Fuji W3 2021 photos ( Crosseyed SBS RL)

Hey guys! Decided to get back into 3D photography after a long hiatus, especially in these times thought it'd be interesting to show the world

this is one of Kiev's flea markets

surprisingly, most are actually wearing masks

framing sucks here, wish I shot just a tad higher to capture the faces, this way it's cut off

3D Gunner Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: Fuji W3 2021 photos ( Crosseyed SBS RL)

Very good 3D depth up to more than 10 meters.

Tourlou Senior Member • Posts: 1,023

Nice set Yuri. Keep them coming in!

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62415258

Have a look at these ones.  I shot them 2 years agon over the Canadian Rockies.

Regards

Ron

OP yuriythebest Junior Member • Posts: 36

Tourlou wrote:

Nice set Yuri. Keep them coming in!

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62415258

Have a look at these ones. I shot them 2 years agon over the Canadian Rockies.

Regards

Ron

thanks Ron! those are some great clouds! Here's some trash

as a sidenote, what is the percentage of people here that prefers to view crosseyed v.s. uses 3d displays? If it's mostly crosseyed I think I'll upload 4:3 aspect photos since these wider ones aren't as comfortable.

Fans of Eastern European "decay" esthetics ( Dayz, Tarkov, Stalker, etc)  will appreciate the below collection

Impressive! 👍

3D Gunner wrote:

Impressive! 👍

thanks Gunner!

some more photos from that trip

Hi Guys! I'm trying to figure out how to continue making my images.

The 1st variant is how I have my images now ( original version) , where they are quite wide. The second version is the Sascha Becher / stereotron - style version, the 3rd is just me adding extra stuff and being silly.

There is always a tradeoff of course, since the original version is better if you have a 3d display, and the thinner version is easier on the eyes when in crosseyed. There is just so much fragmentation these days and not enough 3d enthusiasts :\

EDIT: please view them through the gallery by clicking them

yuriythebest wrote:

1. - There is just so much fragmentation these days and not enough 3d enthusiasts :\

1. - Yes, you are right.

For myself, I decided to prepare my 3D work to be seen on VR devices, so for VR enthusiasts. There are millions of all kind of VR devices bought by all sort of users, especially for gaming. Some of them are interested to see all sorts of 3D materials, like 3D slideshows or video clips (not to be too long...) with interesting subjects in high quality and high resolution.
Presented on YouTube can be a good start. On YouTube you can also see about how many people are interested in your work, after some time.

For VR, is recommended to take the images with large FOV (wide-angle lenses). With a proper viewer, they can be enlarged and explored with head tracking option. This is very spectacular.

3D Gunner wrote:

yuriythebest wrote:

1. - There is just so much fragmentation these days and not enough 3d enthusiasts :\

1. - Yes, you are right.

For myself, I decided to prepare my 3D work to be seen on VR devices, so for VR enthusiasts. There are millions of all kind of VR devices bought by all sort of users, especially for gaming. Some of them are interested to see all sorts of 3D materials, like 3D slideshows or video clips (not to be too long...) with interesting subjects in high quality and high resolution.
Presented on YouTube can be a good start. On YouTube you can also see about how many people are interested in your work, after some time.

For VR, is recommended to take the images with large FOV (wide-angle lenses). With a proper viewer, they can be enlarged and explored with head tracking option. This is very spectacular.

Nice! Are you getting a better reaction than with 3d photos? Whats your youtube channel?

It's a long story and I don't want to hijack your thread. As you can see, we are only 3 involved in discussions in this thread: You, me and Tourlou.

So, from time to time I make some private presentations. In this situations everything is under fine tuning and total control. People (friends, most of them) can enjoy the show and are very impressed by 3D VR, especially when head tracking is involved "inside" normal 3D subjects (3D photos/3D videos). 3D photos can be made for 360* VR with very high resolution (I tested up to 100MP, 50MP/eye, but can be more). So, are impressive if the subject is interesting.

If somebody wants to go public with something like this, must be prepared to receive negative reactions from people who don't understand the technical details strictly necessarily to enjoy the show, as intended by producer (by you, as example).
I can't upload on YouTube yet, because of lack of copyright agreements for soundtrack components.

If you have a smartphone with medium to high resolution screen (at least 2560x1440 pixels) and a VR device for him, I can show you something on private, with installation details. 🙂

By example, Tourlou's Canadian Rockies 3D pairs are an interesting subject to be seen on immersive 3D VR with head tracking, if are prepared in high resolution and parallel view mode. 🙂

3D Gunner wrote:

s.

If you have a smartphone with medium to high resolution screen (at least 2560x1440 pixels) and a VR device for him, I can show you something on private, with installation details. 🙂

Yup, that would be great - I have a Samsung GearVR system so should be ok

deforestation

pollution

Yes, you have a very good combination for start enjoying VR (if the screen is 1440x2560 pixels - only Sony have 4k screens). It's necessary to install VR Media Player - 360° Viewer from Google Play store. This is the best VR player because you can enjoy both pictures and videos on normal 3D or VR mode, stored in different formats. Unfortunately, it does not execute slideshows with images from a folder and images must be launched one by one in order to be viewed.
- You can prepare your pictures to be seen in VR mode, with some
warnings.
- It's important to not prepare the 3D pairs with exaggerated depth, especially the foreground should not be too behind the stereoscopic window! It's not a problem if stereoscopic window is violated!
- The pictures is better to be at maximum available resolution.

After 3D viewing mode is engaged, you need to manually expand images (with two fingers) to fill the viewing frames, or even more and to activate the Head Tracking function.

Does your phone support 4k video? I will send to you a small 3D video demo in 4k format and some pictures with good resolution.

82Virago Regular Member • Posts: 304

Excellent depth. I haven't done any for awhile, now I am inspired to get out again.

Cheers

3D Gunner wrote:

Yes, you have a very good combination for start enjoying VR (if the screen is 1440x2560 pixels - only Sony have 4k screens). It's necessary to install VR Media Player - 360° Viewer from Google Play store. This is the best VR player because you can enjoy both pictures and videos on normal 3D or VR mode, stored in different formats. Unfortunately, it does not execute slideshows with images from a folder and images must be launched one by one in order to be viewed.
- You can prepare your pictures to be seen in VR mode, with some
warnings.
- It's important to not prepare the 3D pairs with exaggerated depth, especially the foreground should not be too behind the stereoscopic window! It's not a problem if stereoscopic window is violated!
- The pictures is better to be at maximum available resolution.

After 3D viewing mode is engaged, you need to manually expand images (with two fingers) to fill the viewing frames, or even more and to activate the Head Tracking function.

Does your phone support 4k video? I will send to you a small 3D video demo in 4k format and some pictures with good resolution.

Hi Gunner! After lots of searching and tinkering I was able to get my Gear VR to finally be ready for 3D content (MPO, 180/360, etc) - I'm using the Pigasus VR Media Player ( paid version), for it to work I had to update my phones firmware which is a long story, so anyhow please send me your content!

Excellent depth. I haven't done any for awhile, now I am inspired to get out again.

- Please do! I'll gladly have a look

I sent you a private message and the link where to download the images, 2 days ago (private message here on the forum private box)!!!

You can zoom in/out on images and videos with Pigasus VR Media Player?

(Thanks for your images. They are interesting with good depth!)

3D Gunner wrote:

You can zoom in/out on images and videos with Pigasus VR Media Player?

(Thanks for your images. They are interesting with good depth!)

thanks! you can change the size of the screen and also change the stereobase (makes it looks like the size changes.

soviet mailbox

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads