R5 - Sales/bundles to watch out for?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Kaitlyn Contributing Member • Posts: 561
R5 - Sales/bundles to watch out for?

I'm looking to likely pick up the EOS R5, though not in an immediate rush. I haven't bought or even looked to buy a new camera in years, but have been watching the r5 from the sidelines.

- I recall at launch the r5 came with an ef/rf adapter (or was that only eos r?) I am not seeing any bundles including this... just gone now?
- Don't think I'm interested in the 24-105 bundle lens, would rather get the 24-70 2.8. So, I suppose I'm really only looking at body only (unless some random retailer adds in extra value or free value?)
- Any expected sales? Obviously an in-demand camera, plus the whole pandemic supplies issue... but yeah.

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
gavin
gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 8,101
Re: R5 - Sales/bundles to watch out for?

Unlikely to have a sale since its still kind of out of stock. I have seen the kits back in stock recently.

-- hide signature --
 gavin's gear list:gavin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM +5 more
draacor
draacor Senior Member • Posts: 1,821

Kaitlyn wrote:

I'm looking to likely pick up the EOS R5, though not in an immediate rush. I haven't bought or even looked to buy a new camera in years, but have been watching the r5 from the sidelines.

- I recall at launch the r5 came with an ef/rf adapter (or was that only eos r?) I am not seeing any bundles including this... just gone now?
- Don't think I'm interested in the 24-105 bundle lens, would rather get the 24-70 2.8. So, I suppose I'm really only looking at body only (unless some random retailer adds in extra value or free value?)
- Any expected sales? Obviously an in-demand camera, plus the whole pandemic supplies issue... but yeah.

havent seen a lot of bundles but bhphoto is always a great spot. I just use their payboo card and save on taxes which is substantial with the R5.

-- hide signature --

Aaron Smith
Wolfe Photography
www.nvwolfe.com
https://www.flickr.com/photos/finalimpact/

draacor's gear list:draacor's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
dgumshu
dgumshu Veteran Member • Posts: 4,536

Kaitlyn wrote:

The Canonpricewatch site will send you emails with their sales if you sign up for it.  Often times, they have authorized dealers that will discount popular bodies.  I picked up my R5 and Grip during a pre-Order sale they advertised and saved hundreds... with no sales tax.

However, it's not often, so you'd have to be vigilant.  The November sales are still a ways away, so good luck.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R5 +50 more
OP Kaitlyn Contributing Member • Posts: 561

draacor wrote:

Kaitlyn wrote:

havent seen a lot of bundles but bhphoto is always a great spot. I just use their payboo card and save on taxes which is substantial with the R5.

Am Canadian... I get screwed no matter what! haha

But I think I am planning to buy from BH anyway...

dgumshu
dgumshu Veteran Member • Posts: 4,536

Kaitlyn wrote:

draacor wrote:

Kaitlyn wrote:

Am Canadian... I get screwed no matter what! haha

But I think I am planning to buy from BH anyway...

Camera Canada often times has good deals.  I've purchased from them several times.

dgumshu's gear list:dgumshu's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS R5 +50 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads