Swamp Photographer

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
GCam Veteran Member • Posts: 9,538
Swamp Photographer
TheVoid Senior Member • Posts: 1,782
Re: Swamp Photographer

I admire his commitment to the shot! It was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Jeremy

TheVoid's gear list:TheVoid's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony a7R IV Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +3 more
Bobthearch
Bobthearch Forum Pro • Posts: 10,296

A great story, an explanation of the dedication and effort necessary to create a great photo.

And the photos were very good overall.  I did find the artificial light a bit heavy-handed, unnatural, and unnecessarily obvious in some of the images.

-- hide signature --

Personal non-commercial websites with no ads or tracking:
Local photography: http://ratonphotos.com/
Travel and photography: http://placesandpics.com/
Special-interest photos: http://ghosttowns.placesandpics.com/

Bobthearch's gear list:Bobthearch's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II +2 more
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 7,437

Thanks for posting George. Very interesting. When I was in my early 20's we used to go frog gigging down a creek waist high in the water at night. Didn't think anything about it then but there's no way in the world I'd do it now--- much less getting in the water at night with those gators.

This is the closest I've gotten to a gator.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
OP GCam Veteran Member • Posts: 9,538

KENTGA wrote:

Thanks for posting George. Very interesting. When I was in my early 20's we used to go frog gigging down a creek waist high in the water at night. Didn't think anything about it then but there's no way in the world I'd do it now--- much less getting in the water at night with those gators.

This is the closest I've gotten to a gator.

We used to take the kids to a gator farm in California when we lived there.  And I've seen pictures of that nutty professor at Georgia State, I believe who gets in the water with gators and  goes down to eye level with them in the swamp.  No way me.  george

KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 7,437

George, true confession. I made this at the St Augustine FL Alligator Farm. Been there 3 times. There are over 1000 birds nesting and birthing there and you walk on elevated walkways above the gators.

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
TN Args
TN Args Forum Pro • Posts: 10,141

GCam wrote:

Found this today. Interesting.. gc

Frank Relle on his work, photography methods and his "happy place" (msn.com)

“We’re sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.” Oh well.

TN Args's gear list:TN Args's gear list
Sigma dp0 Quattro Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M5 II Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 +9 more
Captain Hook
Captain Hook Senior Member • Posts: 2,291
We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.

TN Args wrote:

GCam wrote:

Found this today. Interesting.. gc

Frank Relle on his work, photography methods and his "happy place" (msn.com)

“We’re sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.” Oh well.

Same here.

We're sorry, this video cannot be played from your current location.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads