What did you shoot or post-process? (Mar 20 - Mar 26)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
clickclack Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
What did you shoot or post-process? (Mar 20 - Mar 26)

What did you shoot or post-process the past two weeks?

Any number of images is allowed. Any Nikon camera is allowed. Just stay nice to each other, as you would in real life.

When quoting, consider not repeating the same images to avoid unnecessary scrolling.

Beginner or pro, doesn't matter. This thread is about enjoying photography and perhaps getting constructive feedback - never too late to learn!

Jon in Thailand
Jon in Thailand Regular Member • Posts: 460
Re: - Post Processed -

Morning sun, jungle rescue dog, my shadow.

This is a very old building with a fresh coat

of paint. 3000 ++ wild crazed primates

also reside here causing lots of

ongoing serious trouble.

- Nikon D300, Nikkor 17-55 2.8 -

Chuvarsky
Chuvarsky Senior Member • Posts: 2,784
Re: What did you shoot or post-process? (Mar 20 - Mar 26)

Monday we had a blizzard that resulted in the 4th largest snow fall in Denver history.  The view at my house:

Friday, I was able to go to the Rocky Mountain Arsenal NWR.  The trails were impassable in places.  There was patchy thick fog, but I got these pictures:

-- hide signature --

Dick

Chuvarsky's gear list:Chuvarsky's gear list
Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD G2 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +7 more
Damnerd
Damnerd Veteran Member • Posts: 3,305
Overcast reflection

-- hide signature --

Don
Downloading re-editing/re-touching of my images is prohibited without express permission.
Do you walk into an art exhibit or walk up to an artist at his easel and say "let me see a brush, I'll fix it for you"?
That is ludicrous.
hhtp://www.damnerd.com

RafaelD7
RafaelD7 Senior Member • Posts: 2,124
My cats and water bubbles...

Phantom

Penny Lane

Water rocks!

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Rafael
Ask not what your camera can do for you - ask what you can do with your camera.
Instagram: @rafaelaviles
http://www.pbase.com/aviles
http://www.pbase.com/image/100392697.jpg

RafaelD7's gear list:RafaelD7's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +1 more
Jocksa
Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,143
Trains

Hoping to get out this weekend but the forecast is bland and grey so we'll see. Took some PR shots earlier in the week.

Along with some shots I took of the same train type owned by the same company but leased to a different operator I produced this composite (I've taken their logo off to post here).

-- hide signature --

“Stand in front of something more interesting.”

Jocksa's gear list:Jocksa's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Iain G Foulds
Iain G Foulds Veteran Member • Posts: 4,856
... Tulips

... D100

-- hide signature --

... “I wander, and I follow my eyes, and the light tells me where to go.”
.......... Douglas A. Yates.

Iain G Foulds's gear list:Iain G Foulds's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 995 Nikon Coolpix 5700 Nikon D70 Nikon D100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF +1 more
OP clickclack Senior Member • Posts: 1,519
Edit on an older photo

1971_M5
1971_M5 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,741
Denny Creek

Some pictures from an 8 mile hike/walk. Weather was decent -- didn't rain!  Had the trail all to ourselves (on a weekday -- rather than a Saturday).  Nice.

Debris from WSDOT I-90 avalanche control (Franklin Falls now obscured)

1971_M5's gear list:1971_M5's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Chandrahadi Junarto
Chandrahadi Junarto Contributing Member • Posts: 514

Just spending quality time with my daughter around the house

Nikon df + Ais 35mm F1.4 @f2

-- hide signature --
 Chandrahadi Junarto's gear list:Chandrahadi Junarto's gear list
Nikon Df Fujifilm X-T4 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +16 more
Jocksa
Jocksa Senior Member • Posts: 1,143
Flower

Still hoping to get out this weekend but making the most of being indoors in the meantime...

High key monochrome flower

Same flower more conventionally exposed

-- hide signature --

“Stand in front of something more interesting.”

Jocksa's gear list:Jocksa's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +3 more
Antal I Kozma
Antal I Kozma Veteran Member • Posts: 3,482

Hi to all,

The enclosed image is an older one. However, I've just stumbled upon the unprocessed NEF file the other night. I have an older RAID system that I hardly ever turn on because its fan is noisy and it bothers me. Regardless, I was browsing on it a couple of nights ago and found a bunch of unprocessed files. This is one of those.

Best, AIK

Merlin posing in the distance. This is a strongly cropped image.

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
Joseph C Parisi  DVM
Joseph C Parisi DVM Contributing Member • Posts: 682

Hi

Great White  in  breeding colors & plumage. 03162021

Great White in breeding colors & plumage. . Venice Fl   03162021

Joe Parisi SWF

-- hide signature --

If you take care of Mother Nature she will take care of us.
D5, D850.D100 lens, Fujifilm 50s & lens .
Shoot every day !!!!!!

Joseph C Parisi DVM's gear list:Joseph C Parisi DVM's gear list
Nikon D5 Fujifilm GFX 50S Nikon D850 Nikon D6 Nikon Z6 II
AWG_Pics Senior Member • Posts: 1,627

Mossy wall

Antal I Kozma
Antal I Kozma Veteran Member • Posts: 3,482

Hi to all,

Here is another "recently discovered" older image from my secondary RAID storage that I sometimes "forget about".

A little Ruddy Duck in the Keith McLean Conservation Area in SW Ontario.

Best regards, AIK

A previously unprocessed NEF file that I've "discovered" on my secondary RAID storage.

Antal I Kozma's gear list:Antal I Kozma's gear list
Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Phase One Capture One Pro Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +20 more
patricksmith32
patricksmith32 Contributing Member • Posts: 928

Well everything from a massive explosion to a suicidal man, about to jump off a bridge. Thank God both ended positively. Two people died unfortunately in the explosion, but it’s a miracle many more did not die. I walked the surrounding area and windows were blown out, parts of houses collapsed up to 3-4 blocks away. Tons of fireworks, ammunition and possibly grenades exploded after a fire caused them to detonate and expend. Wish I had a more cheerful week, but it was it is. I shoot whatever comes my way, and as photojournalist that’s usually the ugly. Thankfully I have my wildlife photography to cheer me up! So I’ll include a Great Blue Heron, I got within 9ft of, my 500FL couldn’t quite focus I was a tad too close lol!

A couple runs full speed to check on the well-being of loved ones, who were inside the few blocks that were rocked by a massive explosion in Ontario, C.A. Two people died, but it was a miracle that more did not and thankfully Police and Fire were able to evacuate residents as explosions continued for hours after the initial massive blast.

Police and Fire went house to house, block to block checking on people and evacuating the area.

A horse who was freed by firefighters was injured in a massive explosion in Ontario, CA. The owners of the horse had to give up ownership to Animal Control and were questioned in relationship to animal neglect. They casually walked around the neighborhood taking videos and pictures while their horse needed care. Thankfully the horse seems to be mostly ok and will survive!

A suicidal man stands clutching the railing of an overpass, as Police negotiators try to talk him down. After a few hours he was able to talk to a loved one and Police agreed to allow him to see that woman if he came back over to them. Thankfully he did and they kept their word, the man was able to embrace and talk to his loved one. Nikon D5 and 500mm f/4E VR FL.

Orange County Fire’s elite Urban Search and Rescue team rushed to setup giant airbags below where the man was threatening to jump. OCFA’s USAR is one of if not the best in the world. They are often asked to respond crisis and disasters around the USA and abroad. Thankfully these bags were not needed, but it was great they were there.

Thankfully the man finally decided to give up and come back over where he was quickly embraced by Police negotiators, who also allowed him to see a loved one. Excellent work by everyone involved and thankfully it ended well. A reminder that someone always has it worse than you or I do. Nikon D5 and 500mm f/4 VR FL.

Was literally too close to this Great Blue Heron for my 500FL to focus. I was able to manually focus and got the shot along with a bunch more, but it was amazing to get so close. Thankfully where I live the birds are very used to being around people. Some of the fishermen feed them, so they don’t mind.

patricksmith32's gear list:patricksmith32's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm F4E FL ED VR Nikon 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon D500 Nikon D5 +4 more
LostLensCap Regular Member • Posts: 118

Miss Kitty

LostLensCap's gear list:LostLensCap's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Jon in Thailand
Jon in Thailand Regular Member • Posts: 460
Re: - Post Processed - Elder Statesman -

Nikon D300, Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VR.

Our elder statesman who was

rescued from the deep

jungle as a very sick

and dyeing puppy.

davescliches Regular Member • Posts: 255
Re: - Post Processed -

Cormorant has a good vantage point ........ 600mm F4E FL+ TC14 III ....

..... things have been quiet ........ but damned windy and cold ........ slowly the season is starting .... stilts, avocets, red shanks etc. ......... but should get going this week ..........

davescliches's gear list:davescliches's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 500mm f/4D ED-IF II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR +1 more
LostLensCap Regular Member • Posts: 118
On my walk to the Post Office today 3/22

LostLensCap's gear list:LostLensCap's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads