Headshot station with separate viewing station

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
Les Kamens Regular Member • Posts: 378
Headshot station with separate viewing station

I need to set up a headshot station.  to me thats the easy part, but what I'm looking for is the software for editing and more importantly the software for a separate viewing station like an iPad that after the attendee walks off set can go over and immediately see all  their  images, select the ones they want an text or email them to themselves.  All business is taken care of before I show up so no money transactions are done on site and no prints.

This is done on location at a tradeshow. with about 200 or so people a day.

Les Kamens's gear list:Les Kamens's gear list
Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
photolando Veteran Member • Posts: 3,295
Re: Headshot station with separate viewing station

Well, it's been over a year due to Covid but I do this very thing with a studio I freelance for.  Several times a year actually.

I wish I knew all the details but I do know we tether into LR.  I believe it's Classic but not sure.  That will show them the images.  They can then select all or one of those shots and we can email right from LR as well.  Obviously we use an internet connection.  If the location, usually a hotel, doesn't provide one, we use hot spot device.  We don't retouch on site.  But you could offer a separate service and tell them it may take a few days.

We are always hired by the company or the event sponsor so these are usually free to the attendees.  But if you need to take CC's just get a Square account.

-- hide signature --

Mike

photolando's gear list:photolando's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +3 more
OP Les Kamens Regular Member • Posts: 378

Thanks Mike.   Yes Tethering to Light Room Classic.  So do to Covid I'm trying to have little contact with attendees at the tethered computer.  having them go to a separate touchscreen like an iPad that they can  select and send would be preferable.  does the setup you use have this kind of work flow?  and if so how is LRC set up to do this>

Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +5 more
photolando Veteran Member • Posts: 3,295

it's been awhile so I can't remember exactly how they set it up. I'm usually just the photographer and have a tech person with me who sets it up.

I believe we use Darkroom Booth when we just let them select their own. There may be other programs out there but I know this one is used a lot.

https://www.darkroomsoftware.com/products/booth

Maybe others will chime in with other choices.

-- hide signature --

Mike

photolando's gear list:photolando's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +3 more
OP Les Kamens Regular Member • Posts: 378

Thanks Mike!

likovsky
likovsky Forum Member • Posts: 80

Does Capture One still have Capture Pilot app?

I used to shoot in house and would set it up so the art director could view the images while at their desk.

-- hide signature --

Canon 5D III
Fuji X-T30
Yashica Samurai 3 & 4.0
iPhone XR

likovsky's gear list:likovsky's gear list
Canon PowerShot A70 Canon PowerShot G7 Canon PowerShot G9 Samsung NV10 Canon EOS 5D Mark III +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads