Mini Challenge #550: RED IN YOUR STORIES

Started Mar 12, 2021 | Discussions
YWG Senior Member • Posts: 1,317
Re: Mini Challenge #550: RED IN YOUR STORIES

For fun, dug out some reddish photos.

Canon 7D mki ISO 3200, F3.5, 1/320  Circus/Acrobatic show at a theatre in Beijing, China. There is actually a 7th woman on the back of the bicycle obstructed from view.

RAF Red Arrows do some passes around downtown Vancouver, BC.

The night show at Canada's parliament building in Ottawa. The animals on the lower part of the building are presented the art form of the west coast Indigenous People - Haida nation I am guessing.

YWG's gear list:YWG's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1s Canon PowerShot G5 X Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II
Sue Anne Rush
Sue Anne Rush Senior Member • Posts: 6,285

These are very nice - thanks for sharing. 

YWG wrote:

For fun, dug out some reddish photos.

Canon 7D mki ISO 3200, F3.5, 1/320 Circus/Acrobatic show at a theatre in Beijing, China. There is actually a 7th woman on the back of the bicycle obstructed from view.

RAF Red Arrows do some passes around downtown Vancouver, BC.

The night show at Canada's parliament building in Ottawa. The animals on the lower part of the building are presented the art form of the west coast Indigenous People - Haida nation I am guessing.

Sue Anne Rush's gear list:Sue Anne Rush's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon PowerShot Zoom Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T7 +4 more
gloaming Veteran Member • Posts: 4,567
Crandell's Third - Alstomeria

Sue Anne Rush
Re: Crandell's Third - Alstomeria

Very nice - thanks for sharing. 

gloaming wrote:

Canon PowerShot G9 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Canon PowerShot Zoom Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T7 +4 more
RotBart Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Re: Mini Challenge #550: BACKPACK + EXHIBIT +

Exhibit

Pouting granddaughter

-- hide signature --

Gerardo

RotBart's gear list:RotBart's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
RotBart Contributing Member • Posts: 540
Re: Mini Challenge #550: Bridge over calm water + EXHIBIT +

Exhibit

Japanese Garden - Buenos Aires

-- hide signature --

Gerardo

RotBart's gear list:RotBart's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Sergey Prach
OP Sergey Prach Regular Member • Posts: 163

Challenge is over. To summarize the results I need a couple of days.

Very grateful to everyone who took an active part in Challenge

Sergey Prach's gear list:Sergey Prach's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Olympus C-770 UZ Fujifilm FinePix HS10 Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot G15 +10 more
The_WB Contributing Member • Posts: 534

Sundown one evening in July 2011.  Cloudy all day, but on that very evening, the sky went red.  In all my years living in SE Michigan, I have never seen the sky ever go totally red and glowing this it did that July evening.

Very eerie sight to see and this picture does not do the actual viewing justice.

SOOC Jpeg

Sue Anne Rush

This is eerie 

The_WB wrote:

Sundown one evening in July 2011. Cloudy all day, but on that very evening, the sky went red. In all my years living in SE Michigan, I have never seen the sky ever go totally red and glowing this it did that July evening.

Very eerie sight to see and this picture does not do the actual viewing justice.

SOOC Jpeg

Sue Anne Rush

Hello ... #TGIF 

Sergey Prach wrote:

The theme for this mini challenge: RED IN YOUR STORIES

I do not know how to all, but I'm already very tired of winter, with its cold and gray. I really want spring and bright colors. Therefore, this challenge suggests to devote bright red color in your photos.

The challenge will end on Friday, March 19th, 2021 at 10:00 PDT.

THE RULES

• The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going.
  • You may enter up to three competition images, three entries.
  • Please reply to the FIRST (ORIGINAL) post only and please remember to change the Subject of your post to display your name or picture titles.
  • Please, definitely specify state whether your submission is an ENTRY or EXHIBIT.
  • If you do not wish to enter the MC and host the next challenge should you win, please state your submission as "Just for Fun" (or "Exhibition") in the subject line (or in the message text).
  • The host chooses the winner after the challenge closes (usually after 3-5 days). The decision of the judge (the host) is final. The judge is not eligible.
  • The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner, and passes on the baton to that person.
  • If you submit a photo, please check in when the winners are posted. The first place winner is expected to host the next challenge.
  • If the first place person cannot host or does not respond within three days, it moves to the 2nd place, etc.
  • Any picture you've taken is eligible regardless of time taken and camera or even smart phone. But, the photo taken in the last 2 weeks and / or the Canon PowerShot will receive additional balls when evaluating. This forum is dedicated to exactly this series of cameras, so I consider such a rule very appropriate.
  • Please give a title to each photo - this makes it easier to differentiate when giving comments.
  • Feel free to comment on other contestants' images.

And the most important rule: HAVE FUN! (and yes, I am sorry for my English)

Examples

gloaming Veteran Member • Posts: 4,567
We could hold a vote...

If no one is in a bum-burning rush to get a decision, and one hasn't been tendered before Saturday morning, why don't we all who are still waiting and checking about daily vote on our three choices.  One of us can tally them formally (they'll be overtly displayed and easily verified) and declare the next host.

Thoughts?

Sue Anne Rush
Re: We could hold a vote...

gloaming wrote:

If no one is in a bum-burning rush to get a decision, and one hasn't been tendered before Saturday morning, why don't we all who are still waiting and checking about daily vote on our three choices. One of us can tally them formally (they'll be overtly displayed and easily verified) and declare the next host.

Thoughts?

Yes, that would be okay with me. IMHO. 

BIJ001 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,784

Sergey Prach wrote:

Challenge is over. To summarize the results I need a couple of days.

Seeing is believing...

-- hide signature --

Iván József Balázs
(Hungary)

BIJ001's gear list:BIJ001's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
PORTRAIT
PORTRAIT Veteran Member • Posts: 3,100
Re: Mini Challenge #550: Mail Box

-- hide signature --

Photography= Art & Tech.
Marco Images© All Rights Reserved.
Please do not use them without prior permission.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marcofdv/
https://photos.google.com/albums

PORTRAIT's gear list:PORTRAIT's gear list
Canon SX220 HS Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6 Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Sue Anne Rush

That is red as it gets. 

PORTRAIT wrote:

Sue Anne Rush

Saturday - let the voting begin... 

Sue Anne Rush wrote:

That is red as it gets.

PORTRAIT wrote:

-- hide signature --

Sue Anne Rush

BIJ001 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,784

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64986265

-- hide signature --

Iván József Balázs
(Hungary)

BIJ001's gear list:BIJ001's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
GrahamB52
GrahamB52 Regular Member • Posts: 268
Post Box.

GrahamB52's gear list:GrahamB52's gear list
Canon G7 X II Fujifilm XF10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GX850 Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads