SL1 Compatible?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
LTCSZ New Member • Posts: 16
SL1 Compatible?

If an accessory indicates that it will work with the SL1, can i assume it will work with the SL2? (Same connection cord?) Thanks...

-- hide signature --

Steve Ziegler, RN
Lieutenant Colonel (RET) US Army

Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
stevet1 Regular Member • Posts: 369
Re: SL1 Compatible?

LTCSZ wrote:

If an accessory indicates that it will work with the SL1, can i assume it will work with the SL2? (Same connection cord?) Thanks...

Steve,

What is the accessory? Does it have a part number or name?

Steve Thomas

OP LTCSZ New Member • Posts: 16

Pulse | Camera remote and wireless trigger for Canon and Nikon DSLRs - Alpine Labs (alpinelaboratories.com)

-- hide signature --

Steve Ziegler, RN

LTCSZ wrote:

Pulse | Camera remote and wireless trigger for Canon and Nikon DSLRs - Alpine Labs (alpinelaboratories.com)

Steve,

I went to the Alpine Labs website:

https://alpinelaboratories.com/pages/pulse-support-cable-checker_s

and I checked on the Support link for the Pulse. It only lists the SL1, but not the SL2, and jumps from the 100D to the 400D (it skips over the 200D, which is the SL2), so I'm going to go out on a limb and say, no, it won't work.

Steve Thomas

That's sort of what I figured too...I have an email into the company but so far no response...Thanks a lot!

-- hide signature --

Steve Ziegler, RN

LTCSZ wrote:

That's sort of what I figured too...I have an email into the company but so far no response...Thanks a lot!

Steve,

"I spoke too soon. I had also sent them an email, and got this response just a couple of minutes ago:

Charlie (Alpine Labs)

Mar 12, 2021, 14:14 MST

Hi Steve,

Yes it is. It was not on our list but I have added now. Please let me know if you run into any issues.

Charlie

Alpine Labs"

(That's what going out on limbs will do to you

Steve Thomas

Thanks for letting me know...Still haven't heard from them...Lots of room out here on the limb!

-- hide signature --

Steve Ziegler, RN

jvc1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,156

I'd be really surprised if it didn't work. Canon didn't make any changes to the hot shoe between the SL-1 and SL-2 like they did with the SL-3. How hard is it to return if it you buy it and it doesn't work?

-- hide signature --
 jvc1's gear list:jvc1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +10 more
Lemming51
Lemming51 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,231
keep scrolling

stevet1 wrote:

LTCSZ wrote:

Steve,

I went to the Alpine Labs website:

https://alpinelaboratories.com/pages/pulse-support-cable-checker_s

and I checked on the Support link for the Pulse. It only lists the SL1, but not the SL2, and jumps from the 100D to the 400D (it skips over the 200D, which is the SL2), ...

keep scrolling. After the xD, xxD, xxxD (including 200D), and xxxxD models, the drop-down lists the M50, EOS R, EOS RP, SL1, SL2, then Rebel models from XS to T7i .

-- hide signature --

Unapologetic Canon Apologist

Lemming51's gear list:Lemming51's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads