This app has been blocked by your system administrator

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
juliediane New Member • Posts: 9
This app has been blocked by your system administrator

Hello Windows users,

I'm highly frustrated with this message appearing when trying to install "BLUESTACKS" (Android Emulator).

When double click the .exe file to install, i get the automatic message. "This app has been blocked by your system administrator".

I have searched and tried nearly every option out there - with no luck! I've tried changing several local group policies. Running CMD etc. I will be able to tell you straight away if i have tried it already.

Please - any ideas!?

Patco Forum Pro • Posts: 15,108
Re: This app has been blocked by your system administrator
3

juliediane wrote:

When double click the .exe file to install, i get the automatic message. "This app has been blocked by your system administrator".

Have you tried right clicking the installer .exe, then "Run as administrator"?

-- hide signature --

Patco
A photograph is more than a bunch of pixels.

tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 15,832
Re: This app has been blocked by your system administrator

juliediane wrote:

Hello Windows users,

I'm highly frustrated with this message appearing when trying to install "BLUESTACKS" (Android Emulator).

When double click the .exe file to install, i get the automatic message. "This app has been blocked by your system administrator".

I have searched and tried nearly every option out there - with no luck! I've tried changing several local group policies. Running CMD etc. I will be able to tell you straight away if i have tried it already.

Please - any ideas!?

Are you on a computer provided by your employer?

Boomanbb
Boomanbb Veteran Member • Posts: 3,026
Re: This app has been blocked by your system administrator

You are getting that message because the administrator doesn't want unapproved software installed. Log in as the administrator and install or get the system administrator to install it for you.

Only other option is a portable version of the app that doesnt need to be installed... if it exists.

-- hide signature --

Ben Boozer
Disagree without being disagreeable

 Boomanbb's gear list:Boomanbb's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS M3 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +12 more
OP juliediane New Member • Posts: 9
Re: This app has been blocked by your system administrator

I really don't understand what's the error. I am not facing ever this type of error. Something wrong with their apps. or may be I have wrong link.

Austinian
MOD Austinian Forum Pro • Posts: 10,906
Re: This app has been blocked by your system administrator
2

juliediane wrote:

I really don't understand what's the error. I am not facing ever this type of error. Something wrong with their apps. or may be I have wrong link.

Bluestacks has had security issues in the past.

https://appuals.com/bluestacks-contained-several-severe-security-vulnerabilities-popular-mobile-and-pc-android-emulator-allowed-remote-code-execution/

Perhaps ths site you're trying to use is serving an older, dangerous version?

See this:

https://www.bluestacks.com/

 Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony a7R IV Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Sony FE 50mm F2.8 Macro Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads