What to use for Pano instead of Microsoft ICE

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Jeffry7 Regular Member • Posts: 405
What to use for Pano instead of Microsoft ICE

Hi Folks,

I found out to my horror that you can't download Microsoft ICE from the Microsoft ICE website. I had switched to ICE from Hugin and found it much easier to use. It even allowed me to deal with a difficult pano that was shot out of a small airplane window as it was turning.

So I am kinda bummed I can't get it anymore.

What should I use instead?

I can try Hugin again I suppose. But is there something that is easier to make sense of, or maybe better documented?

Thanks!

Lihkin
Lihkin Senior Member • Posts: 2,813
Re: What to use for Pano instead of Microsoft ICE

Jeffry7 wrote:

Hi Folks,

I found out to my horror that you can't download Microsoft ICE from the Microsoft ICE website. I had switched to ICE from Hugin and found it much easier to use. It even allowed me to deal with a difficult pano that was shot out of a small airplane window as it was turning.

I can try Hugin again I suppose. But is there something that is easier to make sense of, or maybe better documented?

Thanks!

I use Photoshop CC and it works really well. Do you have access to that? The following is 6 shots stitched using CC. Since it was so far away, I didn't even have to use a nodal rail.

Cheers,

-- hide signature --
 Lihkin's gear list:Lihkin's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm F1.4G +3 more
Lan Senior Member • Posts: 2,755

Hugin is hard to beat from a price perspective

I quite like PTgui

gavin
gavin Veteran Member • Posts: 7,982

PS or LR

-- hide signature --
 gavin's gear list:gavin's gear list
Sony RX100 III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM +5 more
David1961
David1961 Senior Member • Posts: 4,640

Photoshop Elements.

David1961's gear list:David1961's gear list
Canon EOS 90D
Captain Hook
Captain Hook Senior Member • Posts: 2,245
PTGui?

As regarding to performance and blending oneven skies; I think PTGui is the best.

Large high-res panos stitch in a matter of seconds; because of GPU support.

But it comes at a price...

Documentation and support (!) is simply existent AND ok.

Some recent PTGui stitches:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/64899746

etcetera, etcetera...

More eye candy:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chasa-imago/albums/72157632682673775

-- hide signature --
Ken Barley Forum Member • Posts: 68

Apparently MS ICE can still be downloaded from Wayback Machine

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/252274/how-to-download-image-composite-editor-20.html

-- hide signature --
 Ken Barley's gear list:Ken Barley's gear list
Pentax K-3 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 +7 more
Reilly Diefenbach
Reilly Diefenbach Forum Pro • Posts: 14,158

Jeffry7 wrote:

Hi Folks,

Thanks!

https://download.cnet.com/Image-Composite-Editor-64-Bit/3000-2192_4-75207152.html

Reilly Diefenbach's gear list:Reilly Diefenbach's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Sony a7R IV
tdl53 Forum Member • Posts: 55

Affinity Photo is now $24.99.  It will do panoramas, focus stacking, object exclusion stacking, exposure stacking (HDR),  and astrophotography stacking, all directly from raw files, as well as being a full-featured image editor.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads