Todays shots with FZ330

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,138
Todays shots with FZ330

not taken many shots yet but i`m happy with AF and i think i`m ok with my wb tuning and NR setting at least for the crappy UK grey we are stuck with at the moment.

-- hide signature --

Back to bridge cameras......

Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 +7 more
jshen808
jshen808 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,067
Re: Todays shots with FZ330

Labe wrote:

not taken many shots yet but i`m happy with AF and i think i`m ok with my wb tuning and NR setting at least for the crappy UK grey we are stuck with at the moment.

Ahhh, this Robin is either puffing the chest or is well fed for the winter

Cheers!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, John
(Feel free to download my pictures)
*** Photography is about fun ***
*** No response = ignore list ***

jshen808's gear list:jshen808's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic FZ80/FZ82
Rodger1943
Rodger1943 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,086

Great shots. See my comments on the wildlife forum. I see you are using an ISO of 100, which is pretty good in your current dull weather, but you could probably afford to go to ISO200-400 and that will "brighten" the images a little in the low light.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 FZ200 Sony RX10 iv

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony RX10 IV +2 more
jlina
jlina Senior Member • Posts: 1,771

Labe wrote:

Those are great they look really natural and pretty and soft not soft focused though LOL. Do you want to share what you're using for white balance? Thanks!

what I remember about England is it's cold as heck even in the thirties but there will be flowers everywhere.... I remember walking to Buckingham Palace freezing cuz it was 32 degrees and there was bright wildflowers everywhere! So hang in there it's coming....

The green explosion!

-- hide signature --

jlina

Holmes375
Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519

Looks good to me. Congrats on the new camera.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VII
OP Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,138

jlina wrote:

Labe wrote:

Those are great they look really natural and pretty and soft not soft focused though LOL. Do you want to share what you're using for white balance? Thanks!

what I remember about England is it's cold as heck even in the thirties but there will be flowers everywhere.... I remember walking to Buckingham Palace freezing cuz it was 32 degrees and there was bright wildflowers everywhere! So hang in there it's coming....

The green explosion!

I’m using the standard colour profile with NR-4 sharpness +1. 
I have recalibrated the auto white balance to A+2, M+1

the softness comes from the grey sky ( nature’s greatest soft box )

-- hide signature --

Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 +7 more
jlina

The duck is really good, your expertise shows a lot of detail in the feathers, it's better than most small sensor photos I see.  It's like a fashion shot of a duck!

-- hide signature --

jlina

jlina

PS.. do you think the benefit you get from changing the colors is greater than you would get from using a cloudy white balance? I never got far enough with the white balance to know or experiment with this.

-- hide signature --

jlina

jlina wrote:

PS.. do you think the benefit you get from changing the colors is greater than you would get from using a cloudy white balance? I never got far enough with the white balance to know or experiment with this.

I was relying on the awb ( so there’s a good chance it selected cloudy anyway) as I often do . I have adjusted the awb so it shifts +2A, +1M by default no matter what it selected.

-- hide signature --

jlina

Ok, this is confusing to me. I had even called B&H photo about this. There is some way to shift it permanently so then you can use the different modes? Because all they ever told me was how to do it in custom white balance.when you have time if you can clarify exactly how you do this it would be super helpful if I had been able to shift the camera itself I would have probably kept it I just it wasn't getting good results from keeping it in custom white balance all the time. Thanks so much Paul!

-- hide signature --

jlina

jlina wrote:

Ok, this is confusing to me. I had even called B&H photo about this. There is some way to shift it permanently so then you can use the different modes? Because all they ever told me was how to do it in custom white balance.when you have time if you can clarify exactly how you do this it would be super helpful if I had been able to shift the camera itself I would have probably kept it I just it wasn't getting good results from keeping it in custom white balance all the time. Thanks so much Paul!

I did actually comment on this in one of your threads and included the page from the advanced manual on how to do this .

i believe it was this image I posted

I hope it helps

-- hide signature --

jlina

Rookie mistake??  I thought that was an auto white balance it's just in white balance period!

Questions are always good answers are even better; I shall screenshot it thank you so much

-- hide signature --

jlina

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads