Picked up another FZ300

Started 2 months ago | Photos
Holmes375
Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
Picked up another FZ300
3

I'd been wanting a second camera to be a back up as my current FZ300 is getting rather long in the tooth. They seem to be spotty in availability with most of my usual suppliers having the camera back ordered. Finally came across a sweet open-box package with the manufacturers warranty and from a reputable dealer. Picked it up for $325 USD shipped. The FZ300 arrived today, looks great and I had just a little time to walk it around for some test pics.

Seems to work alright and its nice to have a spare again.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

 Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
RGSAM Regular Member • Posts: 209
Re: Picked up another FZ300
1

Terrific shots! Camera looks like a keeper!

Jimmy The Cricket Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Holmes375 wrote:

I'd been wanting a second camera to be a back up as my current FZ300 is getting rather long in the tooth. They seem to be spotty in availability with most of my usual suppliers having the camera back ordered. Finally came across a sweet open-box package with the manufacturers warranty and from a reputable dealer. Picked it up for $325 USD shipped. The FZ300 arrived today, looks great and I had just a little time to walk it around for some test pics.

Seems to work alright and its nice to have a spare again.

I recently bought my first one. I love it. Some good detail on show here. I like what I see.

Dale108
Dale108 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,002
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Looks good; nice shots.

Dale

Holmes375 wrote:

I'd been wanting a second camera to be a back up as my current FZ300 is getting rather long in the tooth. They seem to be spotty in availability with most of my usual suppliers having the camera back ordered. Finally came across a sweet open-box package with the manufacturers warranty and from a reputable dealer. Picked it up for $325 USD shipped. The FZ300 arrived today, looks great and I had just a little time to walk it around for some test pics.

Seems to work alright and its nice to have a spare again.

 Dale108's gear list:Dale108's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus TG-5 Sony RX10 IV Pentax K-1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Holmes375
OP Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Thank you. I believe it is indeed a keeper.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

 Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
Holmes375
OP Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Well congrats to ya. The FZ300 really is a superb little machine.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

 Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
Holmes375
OP Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Thank you, sir.

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

 Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
bluzman
bluzman Senior Member • Posts: 1,012
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Looking at the "original size' image of the dog - incredibly sharp! Makes me glad that I recently acquired an FZ300.

 bluzman's gear list:bluzman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II Nikon D750 Nikon D7500 Nikon D3500 Nikon Z50 +19 more
jlina
jlina Senior Member • Posts: 1,771
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Happy for you holmes! My sister's motto is buy one have none buy two have one

That's a gorgeous dog it looks like a part wolf?

-- hide signature --

jlina

Stevie Boy Blue Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
Re: Picked up another FZ300
2

Looking good.

I found a great thing about buying my second FZ330 was that I simply had to dial in all my settings from the first to be off to the best possible start.

No more playing about, as I’d done all of that back in 2015. All I had to do was go out and enjoy the second unit from the first subject I shot with it. No sample variations between cameras 1 and 2 either – both take equally excellent images.

Well done for obtaining your second one. Enjoy!

Cheers…

Labe Forum Pro • Posts: 12,135
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Congrats on your choice of 2nd camera. 
 I’ve just picked up the fz330 with lt-55 myself. Just waiting for better light now lol . 
 Doesn’t look like going to have good weather any time soon here in the U.K. with strong Gale force winds and rain forecast.

-- hide signature --

Back to bridge cameras......

 Labe's gear list:Labe's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Panasonic LX100 II Fujifilm X-T200 Fujifilm X-S10 Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 +7 more
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 1,250
Re: Picked up another FZ300

I am really liking these FZ cameras.  The 300 is in my "to get" pile for sure.  Great images.  Love the Husky btw.  We are now proud parents of a fur machine.  She is just into spring coat release now!  It's insane!  ha ha

-- hide signature --

One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

 The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Holmes375
OP Holmes375 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
Re: Picked up another FZ300
1

The Point and Shoot Pro wrote:

I am really liking these FZ cameras. The 300 is in my "to get" pile for sure. Great images. Love the Husky btw. We are now proud parents of a fur machine. She is just into spring coat release now! It's insane! ha ha

Yup, hard not to like the FZ machines and the 300 is no exception.

Ah, yes... the husky coat blow.... A bizarre biological event that clearly demonstrates an animal that can shed far more fur than it can possibly posses. Its northern dog magic 

-- hide signature --

Pleasant trails to ya.
~Holmes
WSSA member #103

 Holmes375's gear list:Holmes375's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic ZS200 Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ1000 II
The Point and Shoot Pro
The Point and Shoot Pro Senior Member • Posts: 1,250
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Holmes375 wrote:

The Point and Shoot Pro wrote:

I am really liking these FZ cameras. The 300 is in my "to get" pile for sure. Great images. Love the Husky btw. We are now proud parents of a fur machine. She is just into spring coat release now! It's insane! ha ha

Yup, hard not to like the FZ machines and the 300 is no exception.

Ah, yes... the husky coat blow.... A bizarre biological event that clearly demonstrates an animal that can shed far more fur than it can possibly posses. Its northern dog magic

Yes,  it is magic.  We have only owned Mekia for 2 months.  She's 2 years old and we rescued her from a home where the owner never did anything with her, only fed her.  She spent 16 hrs a day in her kennel at some points, which is horrible.  She is finally coming out of her shell now.  We love the dog.  How long does the coat blow last?

For the cameras,  we are getting a FZ2500 for video production and a 300 for outdoor, inclement weather shooting.

-- hide signature --

One Lens, No Problem
The Point and Shoot Pro

 The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list:The Point and Shoot Pro's gear list
Canon PowerShot A570 IS Kodak DC220 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple iPhone 11 +4 more
Jimmy The Cricket Junior Member • Posts: 26
Re: Picked up another FZ300

Holmes375 wrote:

Well congrats to ya. The FZ300 really is a superb little machine.

Thanks. I am loving the camera more every day that I use it. Jim

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads