Camera Bag Recommendations

Started 2 months ago | Discussions
Amateur Photog Junior Member • Posts: 27
Camera Bag Recommendations

Hello everyone!

I recently purchased the RF 28-70. Along with it i own an R5 and a RF 70-200 2.8. My old backpack completely gave up after about 7 years of use. I am looking for a travel friendly bag that can hold my gear (camera, lenses, batteries) along with my laptop and perhaps a jacket and a little bit of food. I dont want it to be front accessed for that extra peace of mind. Weatherproof would be nice but if not it has to have a raincoat. I dont carry a tripod during travelling and generally dont carry one since either a friend will bring one or the place can be accessed by car so i will leave it there. Price though not an issue i dont want to pay premium just for the brand. So lets say 200 and i am open to more if the bag worths it. Billingham bags are not available in my country and i dont think they can address my needs. I cant think of any other info you might need. If you do please post it in the comments and i will answer! Thank you all in advance

Amateur Photog's gear list:Amateur Photog's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM
Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,982
Re: Camera Bag Recommendations

The Peak Design bags are pretty good and their smaller backpack should be able to easily hold everything you mentioned. There's no rear access to the cameras but there is side access (there are ways to clip the zipper though). It has top access but you can put a divider there between the top compartment and the cameras. The laptop would have its own zippered compartment at the top, but closer to your back. It can stand up to the elements pretty well.

It's a pretty popular bag and can often be found second-hand for less.

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
OP Amateur Photog Junior Member • Posts: 27

Cato1040 wrote:

The Peak Design bags are pretty good and their smaller backpack should be able to easily hold everything you mentioned. There's no rear access to the cameras but there is side access (there are ways to clip the zipper though). It has top access but you can put a divider there between the top compartment and the cameras. The laptop would have its own zippered compartment at the top, but closer to your back. It can stand up to the elements pretty well.

You are talking about the 20L right? Does it come with a raincoat? And how large laptop can it fit? I have a 15 inch macbook pro.

GL2018 New Member • Posts: 15

I really like my old MindShift Gear Backlight 26L. It has a back opening and plenty of room for a body and a few lenses/other items. It also has two front pockets for extra stuff, one of which is pretty big and has a spot for a 15" laptop.

I have an old video on it if you want to check it out.

https://youtu.be/ha7IjoG7CIA

GL2018 wrote:

I really like my old MindShift Gear Backlight 26L. It has a back opening and plenty of room for a body and a few lenses/other items. It also has two front pockets for extra stuff, one of which is pretty big and has a spot for a 15" laptop.

I will check it out! Thank you very much

GL2018 wrote:

I dont know if it is you on the video but i have watched that again!! Great content

GL2018 New Member • Posts: 15

Amateur Photog wrote:

GL2018 wrote:

I dont know if it is you on the video but i have watched that again!! Great content

That is me in the video! Thank you!

Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,982

Amateur Photog wrote:

Cato1040 wrote:

You are talking about the 20L right? Does it come with a raincoat? And how large laptop can it fit? I have a 15 inch macbook pro.

Yea, the 20L. It just fits my 13" so I think you'd need the 30L for a 15".

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
jvc1 Senior Member • Posts: 2,120

I've been very happy with the Lowe Pro Flip Side AW packs I have. I have the 200 and 400.

-- hide signature --
 jvc1's gear list:jvc1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL2 Canon EOS 90D Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM +10 more

A slight update i just thought of something. When we finally travel i dont want to have to take everything out of the bag exposing thousands of equipment to the public. That ruins peak design for me. So maybe it would be better to have rear opening for that. Side entrance points would also be nice. That plus what i already mentioned.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads