Lightroom v6 question

Started 2 months ago | Questions
BertIverson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,159
Lightroom v6 question

I bought Lighroom v6 in dec 2017. It has worked fine until feb 2021. Now if suddenly says I have only a trial version ?????? It is installed on one computer. 
Has anyone had this issue of have thoughts on what happened?

TIA,

Bert

BertIverson's gear list:BertIverson's gear list
Sony RX10 IV +5 more
ANSWER:
Paul Holman Forum Member • Posts: 58
Re: Lightroom v6 question

You should be able to just input your serial number again and all should be well.

phouphou Regular Member • Posts: 498

BertIverson wrote:

I bought Lighroom v6 in dec 2017. It has worked fine until feb 2021. Now if suddenly says I have only a trial version ?????? It is installed on one computer.
Has anyone had this issue of have thoughts on what happened?

TIA,

Bert

just re-enter the activation key?

Adope support is usually pretty helpful, try their chat if you have trouble.

phouphou's gear list:phouphou's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sony a7 II Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +12 more
OP BertIverson Veteran Member • Posts: 4,159

Thanks for you thoughts. I indeed did enter the 24 digit key and the trial version popup went away. However, the next time I tried to start LR, I got a popup stating that I had too many copies of LR on my computers. Please deactivate the extra copies. Since I have LR V6 only on my main computer, this was not an option.
I spent 2 hours on Adobe support chat and they finally reset the LR copies count on my computer back to 1. He said a bit of a bug sometimes causes this count to be 2 instead of 1 ????? Who knows but he said it should not happen again.

Anyway all is well right now,
Bert

Sony RX10 IV +5 more
selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
PHXAZCRAIG
PHXAZCRAIG Forum Pro • Posts: 17,464

BertIverson wrote:

Thanks for you thoughts. I indeed did enter the 24 digit key and the trial version popup went away. However, the next time I tried to start LR, I got a popup stating that I had too many copies of LR on my computers. Please deactivate the extra copies. Since I have LR V6 only on my main computer, this was not an option.
I spent 2 hours on Adobe support chat and they finally reset the LR copies count on my computer back to 1. He said a bit of a bug sometimes causes this count to be 2 instead of 1 ????? Who knows but he said it should not happen again.

Bert

Same thing happened to me a few months ago.  Same solution - support reset the use count.

-- hide signature --

Phoenix Arizona Craig
www.cjcphoto.net
"I miss the days when I was nostalgic."

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +37 more
Chris Dubea
Chris Dubea Senior Member • Posts: 1,971

I've had to do this as well. There is a fairly specific procedure you have to follow to "de-activate LR 6.1x". Failure to follow that will result in a call to tech support. I had a SSD fail and needed to do a fresh install when I encountered this.

You have to wonder when they will stop resetting the count.

-- hide signature --

Chris

Chris Dubea's gear list:Chris Dubea's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Adobe has messed me up again ---- Lightroom v6 question

BertIverson wrote:

Bert

Well LR6 worked for a few weeks and now I am back in the same boat. My licensed copy of Ver 6 LR is messed up again. The same issue that took me 2 hours on adobe chat to have my computer set back to 1 user. I do not need this foolishness so I am tossing my LR6 in the garbage. I am switching to Darktable or RawTherapee. I never used any of LR catalogs or file management tools (I keep my photos in ThumbsPlus). My copy of PSE2018 is still working and it is used for pixel editing. (not very mush at that).

I am sure Adobe will not miss me since I never rented their SW. However, I ponied up the $100 or so for their last version of LR6 and figured that would do me. I am sure my raw development needs will be easily met by either of the 2 replacement developers mentioned above. (I will try PSE2018 to develop my raw photos first)

Adios Adobe !!!
Bert

Sony RX10 IV +5 more
Ask Mait Contributing Member • Posts: 851
Re: Adobe has messed me up again ---- Lightroom v6 question

BertIverson wrote:

BertIverson wrote:

Bert

Well LR6 worked for a few weeks and now I am back in the same boat. My licensed copy of Ver 6 LR is messed up again. The same issue that took me 2 hours on adobe chat to have my computer set back to 1 user. I do not need this foolishness so I am tossing my LR6 in the garbage. I am switching to Darktable or RawTherapee. I never used any of LR catalogs or file management tools (I keep my photos in ThumbsPlus). My copy of PSE2018 is still working and it is used for pixel editing. (not very mush at that).

I am sure Adobe will not miss me since I never rented their SW. However, I ponied up the $100 or so for their last version of LR6 and figured that would do me. I am sure my raw development needs will be easily met by either of the 2 replacement developers mentioned above. (I will try PSE2018 to develop my raw photos first)

Adios Adobe !!!
Bert

So sorry to learn about your problems. After purchasing a perpetual license for sure you do not deserve all this. I'm not suggesting that you don't go with other software; it's so nice to know that we have so many good software these days to choose from.
However, let me give you a couple of suggestions:

(1) Have you created an account on adobe website and got your copy of Lr-6 registered ? can you log back in and see your license on adobe website ?

(2) Once lightroom-6 is started it throws click-baits like "Get started with Lightroom mobile" etc. Unless you are super careful, you would be inadvertently clicking to these strategically placed links that will lead you to Lr mobile/ classic/ subscriptions. Please see a part of the screenshot below, and try to stay clear of them

Ask Mait wrote:

BertIverson wrote:

BertIverson wrote:

Bert

Adios Adobe !!!
Bert

So sorry to learn about your problems. After purchasing a perpetual license for sure you do not deserve all this. I'm not suggesting that you don't go with other software; it's so nice to know that we have so many good software these days to choose from.
However, let me give you a couple of suggestions:

(1) Have you created an account on adobe website and got your copy of Lr-6 registered ? can you log back in and see your license on adobe website ?

(2) Once lightroom-6 is started it throws click-baits like "Get started with Lightroom mobile" etc. Unless you are super careful, you would be inadvertently clicking to these strategically placed links that will lead you to Lr mobile/ classic/ subscriptions. Please see a part of the screenshot below, and try to stay clear of them

Thanks Mait,

I do have an Adobe account but may only have my PSE2018 registered. I will give your suggestion a try. BTW, PSE2018 seems to have all the LR raw development tools that I normally use (ie Adobe Camera Raw)

-- hide signature --

Bert

Sony RX10 IV +5 more
phouphou Regular Member • Posts: 498

BertIverson wrote:

BertIverson wrote:

Bert

Adios Adobe !!!
Bert

thats sounds really annoying...

Until now I've not had problems with my LR5.7 version i purchased many years ago.

I've used it on several PCs and Adobe chat even provided me with download link to the version when i needed it.

Right now i run also run a perpetual C1 version for newer Sony camera RAW files that cost me $100.

I find $120 a year too much for the subscription. I'd rather use my old version or darktable and use $600 to buy a new lens every 5yrs.

phouphou's gear list:phouphou's gear list
Ricoh GR II Sony a7 II Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4 +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads