Thumbs up to Nikon on their Trade In Program

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
astirusty Senior Member • Posts: 1,241
Thumbs up to Nikon on their Trade In Program

Took a while, but I got my upgrade from Nikon Z7 to Nikon Z7 ii.

Nikon very promptly credited me with the Trade-In amount**.  Got the full estimated value!

Maybe returning Z7 in original box with Nikon strap helped.  

** Almost got Nikon Z7 ii for free, but I messed up.  I called Nikon to let them know; refunding full purchase price was probably not what Trade-In team had in mind. 

astirusty's gear list:astirusty's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR Nikon Z 14-24mm F2.8 +4 more
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Paige Turner Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: Thumbs up to Nikon on their Trade In Program

astirusty wrote:

Nikon very promptly credited me with the Trade-In amount**. Got the full estimated value!

** Almost got Nikon Z7 ii for free, but I messed up. I called Nikon to let them know; refunding full purchase price was probably not what Trade-In team had in mind.

I am sure if you said nothing, they would have caught the error eventually, but you did the right thing.

Paige Turner's gear list:Paige Turner's gear list
Nikon Z50 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR +1 more
j_photo Veteran Member • Posts: 5,242

astirusty wrote:

Nikon very promptly credited me with the Trade-In amount**. Got the full estimated value!

** Almost got Nikon Z7 ii for free, but I messed up. I called Nikon to let them know; refunding full purchase price was probably not what Trade-In team had in mind.

Good on you for doing the right thing.

I experiencing trading up the Z6 II back in January was also very good.

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II
sebulban Forum Member • Posts: 91

Thumbs down that it isn't available in all countries.

Otherwise it sounds good

sebulban's gear list:sebulban's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Samyang 14mm F2.8 ED AS IF UMC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G +6 more
spec68 Regular Member • Posts: 191

Congrats. I didn’t do the the trade-in b/c Nikon USA couldn’t even tell me where I’d be on the waitlist let alone any time range when I could expect delivery. This was last Dec. shortly after the Z7 II started shipping. I was too excited to try out the camera so I traded my Z6 else where. I got about $100 less than Nikon offered but got use of a Z7 II at least a month before Nikon would have shipped to me so worth it to me.

This scenario though would be true if it was any other camera company. It’s so odd while every other tech device maker can tell you the approximate date your order will ship the camera industry is still stuck with 1950s delivery logistics.

For example, even when the latest iPhone first goes on sale and orders pour in Apple can tell you your phone will ship in “ ‘X’ weeks.” Meanwhile camera makers, who already have a stodgy public image, are like, “Backordered. You’ll get it when you get it. Press ‘order’.” Not a great customer experience, something all camera makers need to improve.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads