Started 4 months ago | Discussions
tonyreidsma Senior Member • Posts: 1,299
Full day livestream of eventf

Hey there.

I have a job coming up and currently trying to find the best method for:

DETAILS:

• Live stream a meeting - 8am - 5pm live stream
  • Two separate cameras shooting at different angles
  • 30 minute break at 12pm where we will show a slideshow or a series of short videos
  • Need to have the livestream recorded in 1080
  • Need to be able to download the video file for editing, then will upload for sharing the final edited video

I had a conversation with VIMEO but they aren't returning my emails, so I'm seeking another option.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Tony

tonyreidsma's gear list:tonyreidsma's gear list
Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR
AZMario Regular Member • Posts: 218
Re: Full day livestream of eventf

Perhaps if you let us know what questions you had for Vimeo it might help narrow down the answers. There are many providers including ibm, Microsoft, zoom, dacast and more.

Also good to know how many people would be watching.

AZMario's gear list:AZMario's gear list
Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
OP tonyreidsma Senior Member • Posts: 1,299

AZMario wrote:

Perhaps if you let us know what questions you had for Vimeo it might help narrow down the answers. There are many providers including ibm, Microsoft, zoom, dacast and more.

Thank you.

My questions to Vimeo was basically, here are my requirements... can I do this using Vimeo’s service.

• Live stream a meeting - 8am - 5pm live stream
  • 30 minute break at 12pm where we will show a slideshow or a series of short videos
  • Need to be able to download the video file for editing, then will upload for sharing the final edited video

I haven't used Vimeo for live streaming. Only youtube and zoom both of whom meet your requirements . Those are  the platform clients wanted. Zoom webinars eliminate there attended cameras. Both support up to 12 hours. Zoom had pricing based on number of viewers. I have done up to 6 hours on both. I add real-time overlays and powerpoint slides as needed.

Both record the video. I have used up to 6 mics and record in all cameras in 4k for later editing as needed. I often get requests for shorter clips of various segments.  With the raw footage i can add different intro's and overlays as needed.I use up to 3 cameras plus a computer.

If you want any information on my setup i will be happy to share.

I believe Vimeo offers all the same functionality but there web site is poor.

Nikon D7200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +3 more
Adrian Tung
Adrian Tung Veteran Member • Posts: 3,966

tonyreidsma wrote:

Wouldn't these be more related to your own equipment/software (e.g. OBS, a streaming deck or mixer, etc) rather than the video service who's only job is to take your video and stream it live?

Adrian Tung's gear list:Adrian Tung's gear list
Sony RX100 III Olympus Stylus Tough TG-870 Sony RX100 VI Sony ZV-1 Olympus PEN-F +22 more
robertfel Senior Member • Posts: 1,846
ATEM Mini Pro ISO

I would use a BlackMagic ATEM Mini Pro ISO. It can stream to YouTube and a few other services. You can run the slideshow into it via HDMI source. A new model, Extreme ISO, was just announced, I'm not sure when it will be in stock.

You can save each camera and a mix track to simple USB drives.

That way you have the files locally. It will even save a Davinci Resolve file with transitions. You can export to Premiere or FCP and trim, switch cameras, change transitions, etc.

There are countless options for the cameras, just make sure they can run a full day without overheating, cutting out after 30 minutes and can run on AC power.

robertfel's gear list:robertfel's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +25 more
OP tonyreidsma Senior Member • Posts: 1,299

AZMario wrote:

I want to thank you AZMario.

Just spoke with Dacast and they were very helpful, and I'll be going with them.

Glad I could help. Good luck with your project.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads