Any Ricoh EU rep in this forum?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
i_Coon
i_Coon Forum Member • Posts: 81
Any Ricoh EU rep in this forum?

I'm looking for help. On January 4, 2021 I took my three weeks old GR III back to the store for warranty repairs. It had a "red corner" problem, and it was making weird noises when making small movements. It's been 7 weeks now, I still don't have my camera back, and I have no clue how much longer it might take. The store answered a while back that it was sent to Ricoh France, and from there it was sent to Ricoh Germany. But they still haven't responded to my latest e-mail.

I find it unacceptable that this repair has already taken 7 weeks, and that I have no clue about how much longer it might take... Is there any Ricoh EU rep in this forum that I could pm about this issue?

i_Coon's gear list:i_Coon's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z MC 105mm F2.8 VR S
Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
breth Regular Member • Posts: 448
Re: Any Ricoh EU rep in this forum?

It's an unfortunate fact that it is very difficult to make contact with a Ricoh rep in the known universe.

i_Coon
OP i_Coon Forum Member • Posts: 81

breth wrote:

It's an unfortunate fact that it is very difficult to make contact with a Ricoh rep in the known universe.

Ah, well I'm currently not prepared to search outside the known universe. Apart from that, I received my camera back today! It appears that simply asking here on dpreview fixes more things than one thinks should be possible. (YMMV)

breth Regular Member • Posts: 448

Jambavan wrote:

Apart from that, I received my camera back today!

Good to hear and happy shooting.

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous".

includemeout Regular Member • Posts: 169

I'm glad you've been reunited with your camera, but there's no way I would have accepted a repair on a three week old unit and would have insisted on a replacement. I'm pretty confident that EU consumer law would have supported you in that. The aperture ring on one of my Fujifilm GF lenses began playing up six or seven weeks after I'd bought it and Fujifilm told me to return it to the dealer and get a replacement.

i_Coon
OP i_Coon Forum Member • Posts: 81

AFAIK EU law states that you can get a replacement within two weeks, not three. Had it happened a few days earlier, it would have been fine. Anyway, they replaced the whole lens unit, so it should be fine now... Fingers crossed!

telemach Contributing Member • Posts: 684

Jambavan wrote:

I'm looking for help. On January 4, 2021 I took my three weeks old GR III back to the store for warranty repairs. It had a "red corner" problem, and it was making weird noises when making small movements. It's been 7 weeks now, I still don't have my camera back, and I have no clue how much longer it might take. The store answered a while back that it was sent to Ricoh France, and from there it was sent to Ricoh Germany. But they still haven't responded to my latest e-mail.

I find it unacceptable that this repair has already taken 7 weeks, and that I have no clue about how much longer it might take... Is there any Ricoh EU rep in this forum that I could pm about this issue?

I am from EU and had my moment with that service center in Germany. I received my camera with big oil fingerprint on lens and some particles around. There is no way of knowing what is going on because if you email service directly then you will get reply that you are not the customer here and so service in France has to make an inquiry to service in Germany. Service in Germany doesn't provide any details if they confirm reported faults or if they fixed it, they just inform what they replaced in the camera and that's it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads