Officejet Pro 8620-How do I get it to work with Photoshop?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
James A Murray
James A Murray Junior Member • Posts: 45
Officejet Pro 8620-How do I get it to work with Photoshop?

Hi, I'm currently using an Officejet Pro 8620 for printing out my photographs. While I quite like it, I'd like to get it working with Photoshop on my computer. Whenever I try to print out something on Photoshop with it, an error message pops up. How do I get it work with Photoshop please?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Leonard Migliore
Leonard Migliore Forum Pro • Posts: 18,488
And the error message was?

James A Murray wrote:

Hi, I'm currently using an Officejet Pro 8620 for printing out my photographs. While I quite like it, I'd like to get it working with Photoshop on my computer. Whenever I try to print out something on Photoshop with it, an error message pops up. How do I get it work with Photoshop please?

Not much information here. For example:

I have an OfficeJet Pro 8610, which is not the same printer as yours but can't be much different. Here is my computer information:

13" MacBook Pro mid-2014
OS 11.0.1
Photoshop 22.1.1

Prints just fine.

Can you print from other programs?
What was the error message? Sometimes those messages are helpful.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +12 more
James A Murray
OP James A Murray Junior Member • Posts: 45
Re: And the error message was?

I can't seem to configure it out on Photoshop. :/

RichardSM Regular Member • Posts: 103
Re: Officejet Pro 8620-How do I get it to work with Photoshop?

Have tried on Google to put in your information in about what's going on, There's a lot of information on Google nine times I find what really helps, Just be clear about your problems.

RichardSM's gear list:RichardSM's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Canon PowerShot SX610 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM +4 more
daisie678 New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Officejet Pro 8620-How do I get it to work with Photoshop?

Hello Dude! You could try some third-party software. VueScan is used by most professionals and it supports your scanner. But unfortunately, it's not free but does scan directly into Photoshop. There are two versions, of VueScan which is best depends on you that how much control you want over the process. The professional version supports scanner profiles and batch processing for example. Anyhow there is a free trial so you can try it if you are interested.

hikerdoc Senior Member • Posts: 2,847
Re: And the error message was?

I just noticed thread, not certain if you have solved your issue.

I have HP Officejet 8600pro which I believe is an even earlier model of your printer. I do not use it for photo printing, but did pull random photoshop image which printed without issue.

iMac 27 5k, 2016, OS Big Sur

Photoshop 22.1 subscription model.

Are you sure your printer firmware is up to date, or that the printer did not get deleted and you need to “Add Printer” as referred to on my Mac.

Could also try printing forum, several very helpful members there.

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Apple iPhone 8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads