A7R2 Repair

Started Feb 4, 2021 | Discussions
AdaptedLenses Contributing Member • Posts: 616
A7R2 Repair

Short Version: Has anyone used Video One Repair for a Sony camera? Otherwise do you have a shop you'd recommend that isn't Sony's official repair partner (still Precision I think?) Suspect I need a more serious repair such as main board replacement.

Reason I ask... I have a Mono converted A7R2, but after a minute or two of running, the camera resets and seems to get stuck in a startup look. Screen is on, but black and every 3+- seconds you can feel the IBIS pulse like it does when turning the camera on. Haven't seen or heard of this and can't find much similar on the web. I bought the camera used, so Mono Imaging doesn't owe me any repair service, but Daniel was going to check on a shop for me as well, but haven't heard back from him yet.

Since it's a mono converted camera, I don't want to send to Sony and have them tell me it needs a new sensor.

Any thoughts on repair shops or if you've seen similar is greatly appreciated.

msadat Regular Member • Posts: 208
Re: A7R2 Repair

i have the same camera, and it stopped working, i sent it to sony repair in USA, which i think is percison camera and they fixed it. mine was done by monochrome imaging

OP AdaptedLenses Contributing Member • Posts: 616

So they didn't mind working on the converted sensor? Just want to verify but that's good news if so.

Thanks.

msadat wrote:

i have the same camera, and it stopped working, i sent it to sony repair in USA, which i think is percison camera and they fixed it. mine was done by monochrome imaging

i was worried about that, but sure enough, they changed the pcb board and returned the camera now all good

Awesome thanks. Mind me asking what that cost? Talked to another shop and got a rough estimate for a main board, curious how it compares.

msadat wrote:

i was worried about that, but sure enough, they changed the pcb board and returned the camera now all good

500, after pro service discount

Ha, thanks. Can I send to you to send in? 

msadat wrote:

500, after pro service discount

If u sign up for pro it’s only 100

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads