Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Just a quick question???

As I've considerably improved my processing I'd like to re visit Andromeda.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Kazmarov Contributing Member • Posts: 906
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Yes. Above the clouds (see screen grab).

 Kazmarov's gear list:Kazmarov's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D90 Canon EOS 60D Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 +10 more
OP cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Kazmarov wrote:

Yes. Above the clouds (see screen grab).

Thanks for that! Now for a clear night😩

Kazmarov Contributing Member • Posts: 906
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

I think clear nights have been cancelled for the foreseeable future in Berkshire.☔️⛄️⛈🌧💨 etc.

 Kazmarov's gear list:Kazmarov's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D90 Canon EOS 60D Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 +10 more
OP cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Kazmarov wrote:

I think clear nights have been cancelled for the foreseeable future in Berkshire.☔️⛄️⛈🌧💨 etc.

Same here in rural Devon! 😩

Guido FORRIER Senior Member • Posts: 1,837
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

same here in Flanders , the Eifel , Burgenland (Austria) and  every where astrophotographers are locked in house by their government .

Guido

-- hide signature --

retired pro

OP cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

Guido FORRIER wrote:

same here in Flanders , the Eifel , Burgenland (Austria) and every where astrophotographers are locked in house by their government .

Guido

Not the lockdown, I can happily shoot in my back garden, bit of light pollution but I can live with that. It's the b*^""y RAIN!

Guido FORRIER Senior Member • Posts: 1,837
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

and the weather forecast its not good at all . I live in town in one of the most light polluted regions  of the world . I know a very dark place in the Eifel ( Germany) where I can park my camper on an altitude of 690 m , and this place is only 1km from the Belgian border . But my government decided that this was "foreign country" and forbidden to visit .

Guido

-- hide signature --

retired pro

mclewis Senior Member • Posts: 1,354
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

cheddarman wrote:

Just a quick question???

As I've considerably improved my processing I'd like to re visit Andromeda.

The Andomeda galaxy M31 is visible year round in the UK.  Get a planisphere or planetarium software to see where it (or any star/DSO) is at any time.

OP cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Is Andromeda still visible I the UK?

mclewis wrote:

cheddarman wrote:

Just a quick question???

As I've considerably improved my processing I'd like to re visit Andromeda.

The Andomeda galaxy M31 is visible year round in the UK. Get a planisphere or planetarium software to see where it (or any star/DSO) is at any time.

In answer to my own question, yes it is, just!

Had a short break in the clouds last night so rushed out and grabbed 30 X 30sec lights and darks. Wasn't until I was processing them in Siril that I realised that hadn't changed over to RAW but Siril handled the .jpeg's quite well!

By the time I'd finished outside, Andromeda was rapidly sinking into the NW horizon where I have mega light pollution from street lights😩

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads