The bridge, C&C welcome

Started 4 months ago | Discussions
klayking Regular Member • Posts: 445
The bridge, C&C welcome

First time post in this forum. C&C welcome. really struggle with this bridge.

SOOC with crop to bring shadow close to bottom.

SOOC

klayking's gear list:klayking's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more
Kevner Contributing Member • Posts: 639
Re: The bridge, C&C welcome

Greetings klayking,

Compositionally, I prefer the vertical image.  In terms of additional refinement, I would probably lighten the path a bit as well as lighten the building in the distance., the "objective" of the path.  After this adjustments, I might try to darken the trees a bit for more foreboding.

Just my two cents.  Take em for what they are worth.

Kk

Kevner's gear list:Kevner's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a7R II
MOD rick decker Forum Pro • Posts: 17,463

I prefer the vertical.  The lighting is tough - looks like strong light (shadows).  That was well handled by you.  I would burn the building in the back more.  IMO it is too strong.  Good exposure and sharpness.  I would like to see it with a little more straignt on just as a comparison.  The vertical shows well.

Rick

-- hide signature --

You have my express consent to edit any of my images that I post on DPR. If you want to edit an image that does not belong to me that I have edited and posted, you need to contact the owner.
---
http://www.lightreflection.com
http://www.rickswavepics.com

OP klayking Regular Member • Posts: 445

Kevner wrote:

Greetings klayking,

Compositionally, I prefer the vertical image. In terms of additional refinement, I would probably lighten the path a bit as well as lighten the building in the distance., the "objective" of the path. After this adjustments, I might try to darken the trees a bit for more foreboding.

Just my two cents. Take em for what they are worth.

Kk

HI Kevner,

Thank you very much for the comment. I do prefer the vertical more. I will be honest that do not see building play a BIG role before taking the shot. When I viewed the picture, I saw the path, to the bridge and the building in the back that make good connection.  So I do agree with your recommendation and see exactly the same thing. Thanks for confirming.

This is SOOC with crop only, from infrared mod 720nm fuji x-e2 with 850nm filter on. used fuji bw+R filter simulation. I guess in order to archive what you suggested, I can only do it through post, correct?

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +1 more

rick decker wrote:

I prefer the vertical. The lighting is tough - looks like strong light (shadows). That was well handled by you. I would burn the building in the back more. IMO it is too strong. Good exposure and sharpness. I would like to see it with a little more straignt on just as a comparison. The vertical shows well.

Rick

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the comment and kind words. Taken around 10:30 yesterday in good sun light but I was in a wooded area with only a small path.

I think you have a very good point there. It might be already very significant even turn down a bit, given the darkness of the whole picture.

This picture was -1 ev. Thanks for comment on the exposure. I was worried if I have it too under, but I decide to go SOOC after played with raw. honestly, I cannot beat or even reproduce the SOOC. I am using rawtherapee and learning. Not very good with post yet.

Frank

Hi klayking,

yes, my suggestions would all be done in post processing.

Kk

Sony a6000 Sony a7R II

Greetings klayking,

I hope you don't mind but I took quick moment to illustrate how I would process the image.

All relatively subtle changes.

Regards,

Kk

Sony a6000 Sony a7R II

Kevner wrote:

Greetings klayking,

I hope you don't mind but I took quick moment to illustrate how I would process the image.

All relatively subtle changes.

Regards,

Kk

Thank you very much for taking the effort to do it and show me.

I actually played the image with gimp's doggy and burning tool yesterday.(I only use open source tool) Learned something new yesterday. I did what Rick suggested, but after I turned down the building, it has less contrast. The building still attract eye but I don't really like it.

Then I tried your recommendation with doggy and I think I like yours better.

I see the limit of this picture after that, but the important thing is I have learned something from it based you and Rick's recommendation. Thanks again, to both of you.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads