Using 2 screens in DXO Elite

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
mike5100 Regular Member • Posts: 414
Using 2 screens in DXO Elite

I'm working on the 30 day trial version, and have bought a 27 inch second screen.  Ideally I wanted to get just the central portion of the workspace (ie the image itself) moved to the large second screen.  It seems that I can only move all the other things (pallettes, image browser etc and not the main image).  That should have been OK-ish as if I change which is the active screen, I can in effect have the main workspace on the big screen and move everything else off on to the screen of my macbook pro. ..... but what I can't do is shift the left and right panes - I can 'empty' the left one, but it's still there (ie the image doesn't expand into that area when I zoom it.  The right pane I don't seem to be able to empty (or move)

Mike

-- hide signature --
 mike5100's gear list:mike5100's gear list
Sony RX10 III Sony RX100 VI Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Digital Nigel Forum Pro • Posts: 13,547
Re: Using 2 screens in DXO Elite

I don't know if this helps, but this is how I organise my PhotoLab workspace across my main 32" 4k monitor and secondary 17" screen (in portrait mode):

Windows 10, dual monitor setup, with the Start bar moved to the left

[The lady in the image is Sarah John, the Chief Cashier of the Bank of England. She signs all our banknotes, and is the 33rd holder of that position since 1694. I asked her if she used a special historic pen, but she said no, she just used a normal fountain pen.]

Digital Nigel's gear list:Digital Nigel's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more
OP mike5100 Regular Member • Posts: 414
Re: Using 2 screens in DXO Elite

Thanks Nigel, where exactly is the division between the big screen and the smaller one (in other words are the several vertical palletes which are on the rhs of the image on the big screen or on the small screen.  Also how did you get rid of the pane to the left of the picture becuase even though I emptied it of pallettes, it's still there and I can't 'pull' the left side of the image into that area,

Thanks

Mike

-- hide signature --
Re: Using 2 screens in DXO PhotoLab Elite

mike5100 wrote:

Thanks Nigel, where exactly is the division between the big screen and the smaller one (in other words are the several vertical palletes which are on the rhs of the image on the big screen or on the small screen.

The division between the screens is clear, as the small screen isn't as tall as the big screen. Incidentally, I've used different scaling on the two screens, so the small one isn't as tiny as it looks in a screen shot. In real life it's about 80% of the height of the main screen.

Here's an image of the main window only:

Main PhotoLab window

Also how did you get rid of the pane to the left of the picture becuase even though I emptied it of pallettes, it's still there and I can't 'pull' the left side of the image into that area,

I can't remember, it's so long ago that I first did it (I've had a dual monitor setup for decades). But I thought there was a simple way to undock sections?

Panasonic FZ1000 Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon Coolpix P900 Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 III +19 more

ah yes - now I see.  In fact the way you have your large screen set up would be ideal for me.  I will do some more digging but at the moment (on a Mac) I can see how to undock individual palettes but not how to close the left pane that some of them were sitting in.

Will report back

Mike

-- hide signature --

mike5100 wrote:

ah yes - now I see. In fact the way you have your large screen set up would be ideal for me. I will do some more digging but at the moment (on a Mac) I can see how to undock individual palettes but not how to close the left pane that some of them were sitting in.

I notice the right-hand panel has a fly-away handle — if you click on it, the panel disappears. Does the left-hand panel have something similar? Or maybe Macs have some other convention?

The right-hand panel can be made to fly away with one-click.

Thanks Nigel - the grab handles work    They are tiny on my screen

I now have it as per yours.

Mike

-- hide signature --
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads