A7III Preset Suggestions?

Started 3 months ago | Questions
Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,972
A7III Preset Suggestions?

I've been editing for years without buying presets, to IMO pretty good standards but I want to aim a bit higher. There are some free presets I've found and sometimes they work well and sometimes, they don't.

Unfortunately, there is no amazon.ca of presets where there are a bunch of presets from different people with reviews on them (if I'm wrong and such a platform exists, please let me know).

I know some people hate on preset users, but I think they can be a good place to learn and see what other people do to get certain results. Once I make a good one, they're also a quick way to get close to where I want to be before I make more edits. Another issue for me is that I'm partially red-green colour blind. I can tell what I like and don't like but it's sometimes hard for me to tell how to get there.

For more background knowledge, I love Canon skintones and Nikon colours for nature. I find sometimes Sony shadows are a bit too cool (blueish) and skin tones can be a bit too orange. I mainly shoot photos of my family (mix of caucasian and east-asian skin colours) in the home and in nature.

Especially based on the previous paragraph, does anyone have recommendations for presets that are worth trying?

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
baggy1 Regular Member • Posts: 291
Re: A7III Preset Suggestions?

I have tried tons of presets both cheap and expensive, and the only one's I like and think are any good are from DVLOP. The Two Mann and Davina & Daniel packs are pretty conservative but have "realistic" colours. Not really a fan of the Tribe Archipelago look of browny tones etc. It's all subjective though isn't it. I don't have the skills to get the rest from those types I guess.

Best recommendation I can give is to do is join the Private DVLOP Facebook group and look at the outstanding work posted there, mainly by some of the world's best wedding photographers. A treat for the eyes so it is!

PS. Any many of them shoot with the Sony a7III too.

Cato1040
OP Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,972
Re: A7III Preset Suggestions?

Thanks! I'll check it out

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads