a7s III - Any way to switch between stills/video w/o using the top dial??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Water Buffalo New Member • Posts: 1
a7s III - Any way to switch between stills/video w/o using the top dial??

Hi All!

I am the proud new owner of a Sony a7S III and an AquaTech water housing. Upgraded from a 5D3 and similar housing after selling it a few years back.

Because the housing does not give me access to the top dials on the camera body, I cannot figure out if there's a way to switch between shooting stills and shooting video while in the water. I have scoured the internet and can't find any mention of this anywhere.

The default Fn menu options shows "shooting mode" as the bottom right (12th) option, but it is greyed out when in M, A, S, P or Auto. When you click on it it just brings up a message that says "use the shooting mode dial." When in video mode, this same Fn option lets you choose between A, S, or P modes, but it doesn't let you choose the 1, 2, or 3 presets programmed onto the physical 1, 2, 3 options on the top dial.

Is there a work around for this?? Is there anyway to change modes digitally through the menu rather than physically with the dial?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a7S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads