DPP question about showing or not showing cropped images when viewing a series??

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
KENTGA Veteran Member • Posts: 7,078
DPP question about showing or not showing cropped images when viewing a series??

In DPP when viewing a series of thumbnails and clicking on one to view the initial view is the cropped image and then the un-cropped image appears. Some of the images in the series have been cropped in LR or PS. Is there a way to disable this function in DPP? The cropped thumbnails have a white box around the cropped part in DPP.

I have been unable to find this feature in DPP.

Thanks,

Kent

KENTGA's gear list:KENTGA's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
John_Hoffman
John_Hoffman Senior Member • Posts: 1,960
Re: DPP question about showing or not showing cropped images when viewing a series??

KENTGA wrote:

In DPP when viewing a series of thumbnails and clicking on one to view the initial view is the cropped image and then the un-cropped image appears. Some of the images in the series have been cropped in LR or PS. Is there a way to disable this function in DPP? The cropped thumbnails have a white box around the cropped part in DPP.

Thanks,

Kent

According to the DPP manual (page 72) only the preview window shows the cropped image.  Other displays show the trim lines.

-- hide signature --

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

John_Hoffman's gear list:John_Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM +9 more
BG454 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,288
Re: DPP question about showing or not showing cropped images when viewing a series??

KENTGA wrote:

I don't know about PS, but I believe that LR stores its edit information in its catalog.

DPP does not have access to that catalog.

BG454's gear list:BG454's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus PEN-F Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon 6D Mark II +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads