M6 Mark II + 22mm Pocketable?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
erjennin Regular Member • Posts: 191
M6 Mark II + 22mm Pocketable?

I’m considering this camera as it seems to check all the boxes I need. Small, good autofocus, good for vlogging, can handle sports etc... however, the one piece I need to confirm is the cameras size with the 22mm on. I’m thinking the M6.2 and 22mm would be a great everyday carry option in a jacket pocket. Is that combination jacket pocketable?

erjennin's gear list:erjennin's gear list
Ricoh GR Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 50mm F2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +3 more
Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
prospects Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: M6 Mark II + 22mm Pocketable?

erjennin wrote:

I’m considering this camera as it seems to check all the boxes I need. Small, good autofocus, good for vlogging, can handle sports etc... however, the one piece I need to confirm is the cameras size with the 22mm on. I’m thinking the M6.2 and 22mm would be a great everyday carry option in a jacket pocket. Is that combination jacket pocketable?

No doubt it’ll be a small package.

However, it really depends on the size of this pocket.

nnowak Veteran Member • Posts: 7,222

It depends on the pockets. My winter coat has pockets large enough to swallow a DSLR on one side and a 70-200mm f/2.8 zoom on the other. Not that I would ever do that. Just because it might fit does not mean it is remotely practical or comfortable.

Put a 12oz/355ml can of soda/beer in your pockets for a while and see how it feels. The full can is actually a bit smaller, about 25% lighter, and has far fewer corners and projections than the M6 II + 22mm.

MyM6II
MyM6II Senior Member • Posts: 1,714

erjennin wrote:

Yes. That combination is perfectly pocketable. 👍
I often carry larger combinations than that in my pockets, depending on the jacket of course. Like M6II + 32mm or 11-22mm. And sometimes also the 55-200mm. No problem.

MyM6II's gear list:MyM6II's gear list
Canon G7 X III Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M100 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS M200
GreatOceanSoftware
GreatOceanSoftware Regular Member • Posts: 229

Mine certainly fits in the largest pockets on my parka, but that doesn’t help in the summer with shorts and T-shirts. I have a wrist strap, but mostly I just carry it in my Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 20 shoulder bag. It’s tiny.

-- hide signature --

Randy

GreatOceanSoftware's gear list:GreatOceanSoftware's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Canon EOS M6 II Fujifilm X-E4 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR +5 more
Flying Fijian Contributing Member • Posts: 768

erjennin wrote:

Well it might depending on big your jacket pocket is although what about when you're not wearing the jacket 🤪

Flying Fijian's gear list:Flying Fijian's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
OP erjennin Regular Member • Posts: 191

Thanks to everyone posting in response here. Sounds like my winter coat is no problem. For summer, what is everyone using? Is there a belt holster that carries a small camera? Almost like a enlarged cell phone holder on my hip? I want to carry my camera as much as possible without it being in the way.

erjennin's gear list:erjennin's gear list
Ricoh GR Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 50mm F2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +3 more
303 geek
303 geek Junior Member • Posts: 33

I use this bino harness. Don’t even notice the camera with the 22mm while hiking and the camera is right there when you need it.

https://rickyoungoutdoors.com/binocular-harness/

I also use this case to protect the camera while I’m wearing it or in my pack.

https://www.megagear.com/products/canon-eos-m100-15-45mm-leather-camera-case-and-strap-lightbrown

I keep a cube bag in my pack with other lenses/batteries/filters.

M cameras are great companions.

303 geek's gear list:303 geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS M100 Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM +2 more
R2D2 Forum Pro • Posts: 22,566

erjennin wrote:

Thanks to everyone posting in response here. Sounds like my winter coat is no problem. For summer, what is everyone using? Is there a belt holster that carries a small camera? Almost like a enlarged cell phone holder on my hip? I want to carry my camera as much as possible without it being in the way.

A recent thread...

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4503246#forum-post-64129016

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgment.
http://www.pbase.com/jekyll_and_hyde/galleries

R2D2's gear list:R2D2's gear list
Canon EOS M6 Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads