First shots with the TTartisans 50 f/1.2 -

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
KAAMBIC
KAAMBIC Regular Member • Posts: 490
First shots with the TTartisans 50 f/1.2 -

I wasn't expecting much for $100 but this lens is actually quite nice. It's very solid feeling, the focus ring is very smooth, and it's fairly sharp considering. Often lenses this fast i would want for situations where SS will already be pushed slower than normal so i'll have to test it's sharpness in better conditions but i like it so far.

One thing i will say, MF is easier than i expected due to the thinner DOF. Seems a bit counter intuitive but it seems easier to "spot" the peaking with it being a thinner layer of shimmer. All shot wide open bc, who buys f/1.2 to shoot at f/5 

testing flare.

slightly missed focus but not by much, practice will improve this.

-- hide signature --

"You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear" -

KAAMBIC's gear list:KAAMBIC's gear list
Nikon D300 Fujifilm X-S10 Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +2 more
goodnitesteve Forum Member • Posts: 74
Re: First shots with the TTartisans 50 f/1.2 -

I like the black and white ones a lot! I've had mine for about a week, but unfortunately, have found little use for it. I tried to take some skyline pictures and stuff, but I'm commuting in the wee hours of the morning til its dark again.  Hopefully, in the next few weeks. It's a great size for what it is, plus the clicked aperture.

-- hide signature --

instagram: goodnitesteve

goodnitesteve's gear list:goodnitesteve's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
Tim van der Leeuw Contributing Member • Posts: 537

Very nice shots!

And I agree with your assessment of this lens. I really enjoy shooting with it, it feels really nice, and the manual focusing works quite well!.

Tim van der Leeuw's gear list:Tim van der Leeuw's gear list
Canon EOS M5 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-T3 Sigma 2x EX DG Tele Converter Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM +12 more
Samuraidog Contributing Member • Posts: 853

Thanks for posting. It certainly is an intriguing lens. I'd like to get one, but I've got too many lenses the way it is.

There is a certain angry person on youtube that recently sang the praises of this lens. (If I mention his name on this forum, I'll likely get ridiculed.)

Given the cost, it seems like a great lens.

Samuraidog's gear list:Samuraidog's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +10 more
goodnitesteve Forum Member • Posts: 74

It was probably easier for them to manufacture the 35mm and 50mm. The 17mm for me is going to be their golden goose. Even if it's so so performance, there's nothing else like that in their price range.

-- hide signature --

instagram: goodnitesteve

goodnitesteve's gear list:goodnitesteve's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads