R5 with Profoto A1X

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
johnnyjazz New Member • Posts: 17
R5 with Profoto A1X

Hi folks

I'm trying to connect the R5 to Profoto A1X for first time. Anyone have this combo? I cannot get it to fire and I'm sure its something in menu. Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Canon EOS R5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
shawnphoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,307
Re: R5 with Profoto A1X

johnnyjazz wrote:

Hi folks

I'm trying to connect the R5 to Profoto A1X for first time. Anyone have this combo? I cannot get it to fire and I'm sure its something in menu. Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Weird! I had no problems with my 600EX RT II. It actually fires at 12fps on the R5 which is an improvement over the R.

-- hide signature --

Biden will save us!

shawnphoto's gear list:shawnphoto's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS II USM Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM +4 more
hwzjerry Regular Member • Posts: 131

Not sure of how much you used flash before so I start from basics:

Shoot2 Menu: External Speedlite Control
Flash Firing set to enable. The other settings are not so critical for Profoto, set them according to your preferences.

Shoot6 Menu: Shutter mode
Set to Elec 1st curtain or Mechanical. Elec 1st curtain for the highest sync speed, although you can just use HSS on your A1x.

Shoot7 Menu: Expo. Simulation
Set to Disable

(Although if the camera detects TTL flash or trigger it will set to disable automatically. Some people have differing experiences on this,  dunno why)

hwzjerry's gear list:hwzjerry's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM +17 more
OP johnnyjazz New Member • Posts: 17

Thanks!

I did as you suggested here.

Still not firing.  I have upgraded from the R and it worked perfectly on the R.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads