Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
ZoranVidrih
ZoranVidrih Forum Member • Posts: 75
Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
22

The beautifull cloudy landscape of Orion nebula.

Shot from my bortle 4 backyard.

30x6 minutes + 10x1 minute (core)
Nikon d7200 (modified) @ISO200
Sigma 150-600 @600mm f6,3
Ioptron CEM70
Pixinsight + Lightroom

Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Ferguson
Ferguson Senior Member • Posts: 1,826
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
2

Beautiful.

Do you mind if I ask: Did you do an HDR combine or just let integration blend the two exposures?

Shot from my bortle 4 backyard.

This is just cheating.  

Put up some floodlights and learn how the rest of us live!

Linwood

-- hide signature --

Comments welcomed on photos: http://www.captivephotons.com

 Ferguson's gear list:Ferguson's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony a9 II Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM Sony FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM +2 more
Kazmarov Contributing Member • Posts: 887
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

That is beautiful - great work! Must say quite envious of your Bortle 4 .....

PS: Did you get the Ha mod on the d7200 done professionally or diy?

 Kazmarov's gear list:Kazmarov's gear list
Sony RX100 III Nikon D90 Canon EOS 60D Nikon D5500 Nikon D7200 +10 more
ZoranVidrih
OP ZoranVidrih Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
2

Ferguson wrote:

Beautiful.

Do you mind if I ask: Did you do an HDR combine or just let integration blend the two exposures?

Shot from my bortle 4 backyard.

This is just cheating.

Put up some floodlights and learn how the rest of us live!

Linwood

Thank you, i tried integration of all in Pixinsight, but i didnt like the result. So i aligned all images, but integrated them separately for the core. In Lightroom i exported them as layers to Photoshop where i deleted the surrounding of core to my liking.

ZoranVidrih
OP ZoranVidrih Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
1

Kazmarov wrote:

That is beautiful - great work! Must say quite envious of your Bortle 4 .....

PS: Did you get the Ha mod on the d7200 done professionally or diy?

Professionally at Astrohobby.it,

I watched one tutorial and decided that it is too much for me.

Alen K
Alen K Senior Member • Posts: 1,232
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Superb.

82Virago Regular Member • Posts: 279
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Well there is no such thing as too much Orion!

Beautiful image, great detail.

I hope to get a few hours on it this year.

Cheers

82Virago Regular Member • Posts: 279
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Question on the modded camera.

I have seen a few very nice images from modded cameras, and the stand out thing is the low ISO.

I assume you shot before on an un-modded body, and would have required a much higher ISO?

My down the road plan is a dedicated Astro camera, but these modded body images have me re-thinking a few things.

I can get to bortle 4 in about an hour, but no way my DSLR is getting that at ISO200

I can get to bortle 1 in about 6 hours, but sleeping in my truck, a little frosty this time of year. My back yard is 8, 9,10...or maybe it got turned to 11...

Cheers

AnthonyGraham Forum Member • Posts: 96
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Fantastic.    Crazy amount of effort paid off. Thanks for sharing

 AnthonyGraham's gear list:AnthonyGraham's gear list
Nikon D5600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Lensmate
Lensmate Veteran Member • Posts: 5,086
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

ZoranVidrih wrote:

The beautifull cloudy landscape of Orion nebula.

Shot from my bortle 4 backyard.

30x6 minutes + 10x1 minute (core)
Nikon d7200 (modified) @ISO200
Sigma 150-600 @600mm f6,3
Ioptron CEM70
Pixinsight + Lightroom

Excellent!

-Martin P

 Lensmate's gear list:Lensmate's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F717 Sony RX100 Sony RX100 VII Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A55 +11 more
chris gunn
chris gunn Veteran Member • Posts: 9,414
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

Yup, some great detail there!

-- hide signature --

cheers!
Gunn
-- Get a big lens and get closer™.

 chris gunn's gear list:chris gunn's gear list
Pentax K-1 II
ZoranVidrih
OP ZoranVidrih Forum Member • Posts: 75
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!

82Virago wrote:

Question on the modded camera.

I have seen a few very nice images from modded cameras, and the stand out thing is the low ISO.

I assume you shot before on an un-modded body, and would have required a much higher ISO?

My down the road plan is a dedicated Astro camera, but these modded body images have me re-thinking a few things.

I can get to bortle 4 in about an hour, but no way my DSLR is getting that at ISO200

I can get to bortle 1 in about 6 hours, but sleeping in my truck, a little frosty this time of year. My back yard is 8, 9,10...or maybe it got turned to 11...

Cheers

Hi, iso200 is possible due to rock solid ioptron cem70 which enables me 6 minutes exposures. I used Skyguider pro in the past and had to use higher iso and much shorter exposures. But long exposures will be a problem in warmer months with sensor overheating and therefor much higher noise levels. This is where dedicated cooled astro camera shines.

cheddarman Senior Member • Posts: 1,023
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
1

Fantastic result from a lot of effort. Well done. Didn't realise there was so much more above the main burst!

Not sure my set-up would cope with a 6 minute exposure (Skywatcher Star Adventurer). I've got out to 1 minute so far 🤣🤣

Just waiting for the b*$!@y rain to stop!!!😡

My first effort 🥴

primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 6,133
Re: Yet another Orion ... but it is my best ever!
1

ZoranVidrih wrote:

The beautifull cloudy landscape of Orion nebula.

Shot from my bortle 4 backyard.

30x6 minutes + 10x1 minute (core)
Nikon d7200 (modified) @ISO200
Sigma 150-600 @600mm f6,3
Ioptron CEM70
Pixinsight + Lightroom

This is a beautiful shot, a lot of detail.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads