Z7ii ship date from B&H?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Smi77y
Smi77y Regular Member • Posts: 215
Z7ii ship date from B&H?

Hi all,

Ordered a Z7ii from BHPhoto and still backordered. Anyone else have info on when they may be receiving more stock? Anyone got theirs yet? I ordered early December when it said it would ship out 12/14, but that was clearly incorrect on their part

Thanks,

(unknown member) Forum Member • Posts: 86
Re: Z7ii ship date from B&H?

Too many people on those big store lists.  Here's a method that has worked three times (D4, D850, Z72) for me when I want a popular, new camera that had huge waiting list when first released.

Check the Bestbuy website right after midnight.  Many times a small number of cameras are available before they sell-out in the morning.

I got mine the first try last Friday.  UPS is delivering today.

dj_paige
dj_paige Senior Member • Posts: 2,412

There are a number of things going on. Two of them are:

1. Near total lockdown in Japan due to Coronavirus until Feb 7
  2. Worldwide shortage of chips

Now, does any of that affect the Nikon Z 7II supply? I'm guessing they do. But I don't really know, and an official Nikon spokesperson isn't going to come into an on-line forum and make any meaningful statement. I have a Z 6II (body only) on back order from B&H and I don't expect to see it until February at the earliest.

But here's the real problem asking these "when will they ship" question — no one knows. No one can give you a definitive answer, it's all guesswork that might be off by a month or two or three...

-- hide signature --

Paige Miller

dj_paige's gear list:dj_paige's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR +1 more
Smi77y
OP Smi77y Regular Member • Posts: 215

Ah good call I like that. I already was charged by BH per my request for tax purposes, so I need to wait this one out, but next time for sure! Thanks for the suggestion.

Smi77y

Fair enough. I'm so impatient Hardest part of 2020 has been waiting for stuff haha.

BWA New Member • Posts: 16

Ordered the body only preorder first day and it is shipping today.

Mirvin
Mirvin Forum Member • Posts: 75

Just got the notice B&H a few minutes ago.  Mine has shipped, is scheduled for delivery on Jan 21st.  I ordered the Body, and FTZ adapter both are shipping. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly when I ordered them.  Since I had to change my delivery address during the wait time my original order was cancelled, and a new one was entered.  Preserving my place on the list.  So I no longer have access to the orginal order.  I ordered probably a week or two after the announcement.  Maybe....

Mike

(unknown member) Forum Member • Posts: 86

The z72 I ordered last Friday from Bestbuy just arrived.

Ernie Misner
Ernie Misner Veteran Member • Posts: 7,472

Mirvin wrote:

Just got the notice B&H a few minutes ago. Mine has shipped, is scheduled for delivery on Jan 21st.

There are some trickling in at least and congratulations on yours being shipped. I feel comfortable ordering from B&H and it's a plus that they pay the tax.  I have the Z6 so can afford to wait a bit for my Z7II.

I ordered the Body, and FTZ adapter both are shipping. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly when I ordered them. Since I had to change my delivery address during the wait time my original order was cancelled, and a new one was entered. Preserving my place on the list. So I no longer have access to the orginal order. I ordered probably a week or two after the announcement. Maybe....

Mike

-- hide signature --

Ernie Misner
http://www.flickr.com/photos/erniemisner/
The first digital image was made in the late '60's for NASA, as a way to record images of Mars. Each "square" was represented by three numbers, corresponding to the red, green, and blue hue on a scale of 0 to 255. This eliminated the need to ship film back to Earth.

Ernie Misner's gear list:Ernie Misner's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +6 more
Smi77y

Thanks for info! They just replied to an email and said it looks like mid February for me.

Smi77y

Awesome! Congrats. I was a bit late on the order which is why mine hasn't shipped I think. They did finally say mid February when I asked via email.

Smi77y

Wow! Bestbuy next time for me. congrats tho that's awesome!

ArtAlt
ArtAlt Senior Member • Posts: 2,217

I've read that there is more plentiful supply of the Z series with the 24-70 f/4 combined.  Perhaps they over-estimated demand for that combination relative to standalone bodies.

-- hide signature --

Art M Altman
Headshot / Portrait Photographer
http://www.artmaltman.photography

ArtAlt's gear list:ArtAlt's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D810 Sony a7 III Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR +9 more
Smi77y

Yeah that makes sense actually. Not too many "new" photographers come in and just want a body, especially Nikon's best and newest body. 
I'm going to keep an eye on Nikon and bestbuy and just cancel my order from BH if I can find one sooner. I'm itching to get back to 40+ megapixels. Been printing really big lately.

Matt F Senior Member • Posts: 1,658
Amazon has 7 Zii kits in stock now, but...

I just noticed that Amazon has a bunch of Z 7ii kits in stock right now... https://www.amazon.com/s?k=z+7ii&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

But these are "International Model" and "Renewed". So these are returns being re-sold, and grey market, with no US warranty? And they are not even discounted.

I am surprised there are enough Z 7ii returns already to be selling these kits.

astirusty Senior Member • Posts: 1,241
Re: Amazon has 7 Zii kits in stock now, but...

Maybe there not so much returns as five-finger discounted...  

astirusty's gear list:astirusty's gear list
Nikon Z7 II Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon Z 70-200 F2.8 VR Nikon Z 14-24mm F2.8 +4 more
spec68 Regular Member • Posts: 189

I didn’t click the link but would guarantee they are being offered by a 3rd party. Amazon, the company, not the platform, doesn’t sell gray market and also only sells returns direct to consumer through its Amazon Warehouse moniker.

As far a discounting, it’s an in demand body right now so gray market and open box aren’t going to see much discount. A lot of “Open Box” are where a dealer broke up a kit, possibly a gray market one.

svOwl
svOwl Forum Member • Posts: 64

For those awaiting theirs, I ordered a Nikon Z7 ii kit from my local brick and mortar (Looking Glass in Berkeley, California) on January 21 and picked it up yesterday, January 27, 2021.

Just sayin'.

svOwl's gear list:svOwl's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 V Sony RX1R II Nikon D700
Floodblue New Member • Posts: 1

Great suggestion!  I checked best buy, adorama, B&H, and Amazon consistently for a week.  The Nikon Z7II showed up in stock w the kit lens at Best Buy first.  But this occurred in the middle of the day, rather than just after midnight.  Adorama also briefly had this package about the same time.  Two days after ordering I already have it in hand as an upgrade to my D750.  Seems like a definite upgrade perhaps with the exception of the viewfinder and the grip imo.

Thanks for suggesting best buy or I might still be waiting.

Matt F Senior Member • Posts: 1,658
Amazon showing in stock on February 18

Amazon is showing Z 7II body as in stock on February 18 now (the real one, not the refurb grey market ones above). Hopefully that means B&H etc. will be getting them then as well?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads