Help needed:Canon fd 50mmf1.4 helicoid arrangement

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
dibya12 New Member • Posts: 16
Help needed:Canon fd 50mmf1.4 helicoid arrangement

Recently I bought a 50mm f1.4 ssc early breach lock from eBay which was serviced previously but had really bad focus ring and aperture blades were oily so, I decided to dismantle it. And then the real problem arose I forgot to

mark the rest positions of the helicoids. This has two helicoids moving together to focus. Now I'm in a soup trying to figure the entry position

s. Additionally the metal/brass/bronze focus pins screw is stuck I tried everything and damaged my new set of vessel drivers but it won't buzz. I know it's a long shot, but would

appreciate if you have any advice. I love this lens

Supisiche Contributing Member • Posts: 687
Re: Help needed:Canon fd 50mmf1.4 helicoid arrangement

dibya12 wrote:

Recently I bought a 50mm f1.4 ssc early breach lock from eBay which was serviced previously but had really bad focus ring and aperture blades were oily so, I decided to dismantle it. And then the real problem arose I forgot to

mark the rest positions of the helicoids. This has two helicoids moving together to focus. Now I'm in a soup trying to figure the entry position

s. Additionally the metal/brass/bronze focus pins screw is stuck I tried everything and damaged my new set of vessel drivers but it won't buzz. I know it's a long shot, but would

appreciate if you have any advice. I love this lens

This one?

OP dibya12 New Member • Posts: 16

Yes, if you see there is bronze focus pins that won't open and I lost the helicoids rest position , I didn't measure them. Is there any possibility of guessing or finding it out

Supisiche Contributing Member • Posts: 687

You could try asking the dude who made the video. I used one of his videos when I opened up my 50mm 1.4 new fd lens.

OP dibya12 New Member • Posts: 16

Thabks that's a good idea

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads