Personal Photography Challenge 2021

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,081
Personal Photography Challenge 2021

Throughout 2021, I will be sharing one photo each week, TAKEN THAT WEEK, on all of my social media accounts. My goal is that each week the photo is one I feel is worthy of being printed and displayed at my biggest show each December. This is to help me get out and use my gear avidly, pursue my passion for photography, and grow as a photographer. It will also be fun to look back at the year retrospectively and see what was my inspiration each week.

I will not be posting them all here, but thought I would share my first of the year here to help inspire others to do the same. If you are interested you can find me at:

facebook.com/c.a.greiner

instagram.com/craig.greinerstudio

At any rate, I hope you ENJOY these two to kick things off....

Week 1: House Finch. Olympus OM-D E-M1 iii, 300f4 PRO + MC-20

Week 2: Bald Eagle. Olympus OM-D E-M1 iii, 300 f4 PRO + MC-20

-- hide signature --

http://www.Greinerstudio.com
---
Olympus OM-D E-M1 iii
Panasonic Leica 12-60 f/2.8-4
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
mikero
mikero Senior Member • Posts: 2,003
Re: Personal Photography Challenge 2021

Nice idea. A good start and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Not sure I'd have any chance of one printable shot a week.  More like one a month. If I'm lucky.

Mike

mikero's gear list:mikero's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 7,122

There is also this organization which promotes the same idea

https://52frames.com/

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
janeenadamsmartin
janeenadamsmartin Contributing Member • Posts: 907

Thanks for that!   I just joined it.  I need the discipline to think outside the box.  This and DPReview challenges help!

janeenadamsmartin's gear list:janeenadamsmartin's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 +16 more
OP TRP Senior Member • Posts: 1,081

mikero wrote:

Nice idea. A good start and I look forward to seeing your progress.

Not sure I'd have any chance of one printable shot a week. More like one a month. If I'm lucky.

Mike

-

Weekly is what makes it such a challenge

-
http://www.Greinerstudio.com
---
Olympus O-MD E-M1 ii
Panasonic Leica 12-60 f/2.8-4
Olympus 60 f/2.8 macro
Olympus Pro 40-150 f/2.8
Pansonic Leica 100-400 f/4-6.3
Olympus 300mm f/4
Laowa 7.5mm f/2
Sigma 30mm f/1.4

Doxa750 Contributing Member • Posts: 599

I like the concept quite a lot the fact that it encourages you to go out (safely) and enjoy/improve your photography.

I don't think I would have something worthy of large print per week. However, I can see myself picking my weekly favorite. I don't post here often anymore. But in your great spirit, I will share my first few weeks favorites. Thanks for posting and sharing your personal challenge 2021.

I will do this project but on another place.

Lift off in geese turmoil style

Adult bald eagle soaring close to high noon time.

Exif data as you hoover over each photo.

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +7 more
Peter Del Veteran Member • Posts: 7,122

That first image is superb.

Peter Del

Peter Del's gear list:Peter Del's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
fireplace33
fireplace33 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,519
I use fotocommunity.de for this

Nice idea, It's a challenge that I've been doing myself now for about half a year already.

My photos are posted on the site fotocommunity.de

here's the link to my shots

https://www.fotocommunity.de/user_photos/2460761?sort=new

One post a week with only one photo, is all that I'm allowed to post on this site because I'm currently only a cheap-skate non-paying member. A few times I have considered joining, (it's not that expensive and then I'd be allowed to upload more) but in fact I enjoy your idea here of choosing only one per week. Often the shot I post is taken in that week, but if not, I'll usually take one from the recent past.

The photos are liked and sometimes commented on, which makes it more interesting too

-- hide signature --
 fireplace33's gear list:fireplace33's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony RX100 VI +28 more
Doxa750 Contributing Member • Posts: 599

Peter Del wrote:

That first image is superb.

Peter Del

Peter, you are too kind thanks you!!

Cheers

Doxa750's gear list:Doxa750's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus Zuiko Digital 2.0x Teleconverter EC-20 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +7 more
Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 43,451
Love you challenge/project...

good way to force oneself to shoot, improve, etc.

Like your 2nd shot for the eagle.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Woody S
Woody S Regular Member • Posts: 385

Very nice photo of the eagle. Like your idea, I've done something similar three times in the last ten years. A photo essay of the best (or most interesting) photo from each day of the year in my blog. Naturally, some of the images were much better than others but it was a way to get me out in forest and field, use my equipment and help to introduce others to the wonder of the natural world. Keep up the good work.

-- hide signature --
 Woody S's gear list:Woody S's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads