Recommendation

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Duffer5248 New Member • Posts: 1
Recommendation

Looking for a camera to carry with me all the time for street, landscape, travel. I own a Lumix fz2500 for birds, nature and zoom capabilities.  Looking for great image quality. $1500.00 max.

Panasonic FZ2500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
dlevitt Contributing Member • Posts: 775
Re: Recommendation

Duffer5248 wrote:

Looking for a camera to carry with me all the time for street, landscape, travel. I own a Lumix fz2500 for birds, nature and zoom capabilities. Looking for great image quality. $1500.00 max.

How about a large sensor, fixed lens camera?

• Fujifilm X100V
  • Panasonic LX100 mark II

For an interchangeable lens option in this category, how about an Olympus Pen F body, with either a 17mm lens or one of the smaller zoom options [12-45 f/4 Pro]

-- hide signature --

Save the Earth! Collect the entire set!

dlevitt's gear list:dlevitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +5 more
KCook
KCook Forum Pro • Posts: 19,292

Duffer5248 wrote:

Looking for a camera to carry with me all the time for street, landscape, travel. I own a Lumix fz2500 for birds, nature and zoom capabilities. Looking for great image quality. $1500.00 max.

There is a built-in conflict here.  Cameras to carry all the time are usually small and light.  Truly great IQ comes in bigger packages.  Links for lots of opinions -

Mirrorless or compact?

Your favourite travel cameras

Need help choosing a premium point and shoots camera

Camera for Parents

Kelly Cook

KCook's gear list:KCook's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85
Cato1040
Cato1040 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,967

I'd recommend looking between the Fujifilm X100V and the Sony A7C with a compact lens like of the small f/2.8 lenses from Samyang/Rokinon

Cato1040's gear list:Cato1040's gear list
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Fujifilm X100T Panasonic LX10 Sony a6000 Sony a7 III +18 more
Craig Gillette Forum Pro • Posts: 11,029

If the image quality of the Lumix FZ2500 is ok for you, then you are looking mostly for smaller?

Here's a guide for a number of possibilities?

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/buying-guide-best-compact-zoom-cameras

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads