Awesome Snowy Owl Season

Started Jan 17, 2021 | Photos
Pietro13 Regular Member • Posts: 280
Awesome Snowy Owl Season

This has definitely been one of the best snowy owl seasons I can remember.  There has been lots of opportunities as the trio of snowy owls that are visiting our south shore beach have been easily found almost daily.  It has only been one time when I've gone were I couldn't  find at least one of them.  I truly am going to miss this bunch when they leave to go back up north.  Here are some various pictures.

Mikel10
Mikel10 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,439
Re: Awesome Snowy Owl Season

Great captures. The last two are my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Mikel10's gear list:Mikel10's gear list
Leica Q2 Fujifilm GFX 100 Fujifilm 120mm F4 Macro Fujifilm GF 250mm F4
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,765

Real nice set Pietro.  I'm starting to yearn for other subjects though I'll defiantly continue to visit the owls.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR +12 more
OP Pietro13 Regular Member • Posts: 280

Not me.  I'll take these opportunities for as long as I can.  It could be a number of years before it's this good again.  I remember walking for miles without any luck trying to find the one snowy we had last year.  I've been gratefully blessed with so many pictures that I'll still be processing them in May.

J. Michael Veteran Member • Posts: 4,829

Nice........got a couple along the  beaches in my area (So. Maine) but they are mostly hanging out on roof tops of homes.  I like your owl settings mo' better.

Where are these taken?

Best, Mike

-- hide signature --

“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”
? Ansel Adams
"It's more important to click with people than to click the shutter" -Alfred Eisenstaedt

OP Pietro13 Regular Member • Posts: 280

These are taken at a south shore beach on Long Island NY.  They’ve been sleeping in the dunes during the day and putting on a show for us at sunset.

Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,765

Pietro13 wrote:

Not me. I'll take these opportunities for as long as I can. It could be a number of years before it's this good again. I remember walking for miles without any luck trying to find the one snowy we had last year. I've been gratefully blessed with so many pictures that I'll still be processing them in May.

This is why I will still go back though I don't have a processing backlog.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR XF 90mm Fujifilm XF 70-300 F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR +12 more
1elementin7groups
1elementin7groups Veteran Member • Posts: 5,237

Excellent series of Snowy Owls!  I really enjoy seeing these!

Dave

1elementin7groups's gear list:1elementin7groups's gear list
Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN Sony FE 600mm F4 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony a1 Sony 1.4x Teleconverter +11 more
Gautam Majumdar Forum Pro • Posts: 20,013

Great shots

-- hide signature --

Gautam

Red Barchetta
Red Barchetta Senior Member • Posts: 6,304

Very nice set. #3 and 4 are my favorites.

Red Barchetta's gear list:Red Barchetta's gear list
Canon EOS 80D Tamron SP 150-600mm F5-6.3 Di VC USD Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Dale108
Dale108 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,812

Nice captures.

Dale

Pietro13 wrote:

This has definitely been one of the best snowy owl seasons I can remember. There has been lots of opportunities as the trio of snowy owls that are visiting our south shore beach have been easily found almost daily. It has only been one time when I've gone were I couldn't find at least one of them. I truly am going to miss this bunch when they leave to go back up north. Here are some various pictures.

Dale108's gear list:Dale108's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Olympus TG-5 Pentax K-1 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads