A7ii/metabones/tamron

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
Ivan983
Ivan983 Regular Member • Posts: 139
A7ii/metabones/tamron

Hello everyone, i have paired a7ii(latest firmware), metabones V (latest firmware) and Tamron SP70-300(if its to trust Metabones website this lens is fully compatible sith metabones 5). 
At 70mm autofocus is fast and accurate(identical to native) but as soon as zoom in i am constantly out of focus. My settings are wrong or this simply doesnt work?

i am on AF-S, lens switched to AF, metabones in advanced mode(red). Did a lot of reading before purchasing this and expected it to run like a champ but at this point this is useless. Thanks to everyone who will contribute!

Ivan983's gear list:Ivan983's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
SafariBob
SafariBob Senior Member • Posts: 2,117
Re: A7ii/metabones/tamron

the Gen1 / a7ii cameras do not work well with long adapted teles, but should work ok to about 200mm and 300 in a pinch.

SafariBob's gear list:SafariBob's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +1 more
Ivan983
OP Ivan983 Regular Member • Posts: 139

SafariBob wrote:

the Gen1 / a7ii cameras do not work well with long adapted teles, but should work ok to about 200mm and 300 in a pinch.

It works great now. I switched to green mode and that fixed everything. Thank you for replying 👍🏼

SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,368

Ivan983 wrote:

SafariBob wrote:

It works great now. I switched to green mode and that fixed everything. Thank you for replying 👍🏼

It might be worth letting Metabones support know about this. They do list this lens for fast AF on all E mount cameras, which means it should completely support Advanced mode.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 18,256

I had this combo with Fotodiox.... doesn't work at the long end, and you might break the AF motor if you keep trying

I would just get the E mount version

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 135mm F2.8 SF Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +1 more
SQLGuy
SQLGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 10,368

sportyaccordy wrote:

I had this combo with Fotodiox.... doesn't work at the long end, and you might break the AF motor if you keep trying

I would just get the E mount version

He already said it works fine in Green mode on the Metabones.

It also works fine at all focal lengths in A mount version on the LA-EA3 or 4.

-- hide signature --

A7R2 with SEL2470Z and a number of adapted lenses (Canon FD, Minolta AF, Canon EF, Leica, Nikon...); A7R converted to IR.

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro +24 more
Ivan983
OP Ivan983 Regular Member • Posts: 139

SQLGuy wrote:

Ivan983 wrote:

SafariBob wrote:

It might be worth letting Metabones support know about this. They do list this lens for fast AF on all E mount cameras, which means it should completely support Advanced mode.

Might as well.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads