Started Jan 16, 2021 | Discussions
Rastadori
Rastadori Forum Member • Posts: 51
Landscape with the Fujifilm XT3

So I have the fuji xt3 along with a few lenses

10-24

56mm

35mm

I feel like its a cool system but honestly I am doing Landscape shooting only. So ive been debating the Panasonic S1R since used I see them for 2200. Reason is for printing and just wanting higher resolution landscapes

Anyone gone from the X system to L? Or vice versa? Any regrets?

Highly considering selling it all just putting my money on FF

FinePix S1 Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,193
Re: Landscape with the Fujifilm XT3

Rastadori wrote:

10-24

56mm

35mm

I feel like its a cool system but honestly I am doing Landscape shooting only. So ive been debating the Panasonic S1R since used I see them for 2200. Reason is for printing and just wanting higher resolution landscapes

Personnally, I would go for a safe choice with more options: Sony, Canon or Nikon. I would even limit my choice between Sony and Canon, these 2 systems will remain.

Tuloom
Tuloom Veteran Member • Posts: 4,141

Sony A7RII and a used ZEISS Distagon T* 25mm f/2.0 ZF.2 if you want to have your pants blown clean off.

The Davinator
The Davinator Forum Pro • Posts: 24,707

Rastadori wrote:

10-24

56mm

35mm

What size are you doing your printing?

EOS GUY
EOS GUY Senior Member • Posts: 5,342

Was gonna ask the same.

On YouTube a landscape photographer pitted the x trans iii apsc gear against a Nikon D810 and a gfx medium format.

This was I believe for A0 prints.

The differences were mostly for 'peepers' although there were differences in the shadows and in the extreme edges and corners. But only things a photographer themselves would really notice

Always read about 'the step up' to ff or 'I went FF and was blown away' by the FF advantage etc.

I've owned APSC and FF both with best lens type to compare and outside of extreme low light and the bokeh difference I have no idea what these people are talking about as I never saw any other difference (as long as you use best lenses)

Of course I was comparing same resolution.  No apsc has 60mp sensor of course

-- hide signature --

My Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/photonicstreetdreams/
The earth laughs in flowers.
-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Before you say (or post in our context) = THINK.
Is what you're going to say - True. Helpful. Important (or Inspiring.) Necessary. Kind.

EOS GUY's gear list:EOS GUY's gear list
Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +6 more
The Davinator

EOS GUY wrote:

Was gonna ask the same.

On YouTube a landscape photographer pitted the x trans iii apsc gear against a Nikon D810 and a gfx medium format.

The differences were mostly for 'peepers' although there were differences in the shadows and in the extreme edges and corners. But only things a photographer themselves would really notice

Always read about 'the step up' to ff or 'I went FF and was blown away' by the FF advantage etc.

I've owned APSC and FF both with best lens type to compare and outside of extreme low light and the bokeh difference I have no idea what these people are talking about as I never saw any other difference (as long as you use best lenses)

Of course I was comparing same resolution. No apsc has 60mp sensor of course

Agreed. Even with so called FF having higher rez, it will be invisible at 16x24...and you will be lucky to notice at 20x30. For landscape, at base iso with good glass, you need to print very large to see any difference.

The problem with posts like this is the lack of information. We need to know the print size and media. It would sort be like asking what the best vehicle is to get to work...without knowing the person lives on an island and needs a boat.

photonut2008 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,577

Christof21 wrote:

Rastadori wrote:

10-24

56mm

35mm

Personnally, I would go for a safe choice with more options: Sony, Canon or Nikon. I would even limit my choice between Sony and Canon, these 2 systems will remain.

Nikon isn't going anywhere.

-- hide signature --

DPR, where gear is king and photography merely a jester

strawbale Senior Member • Posts: 2,227

The Davinator wrote:

EOS GUY wrote:

Was gonna ask the same.

Of course I was comparing same resolution. No apsc has 60mp sensor of course

Agreed. Even with so called FF having higher rez, it will be invisible at 16x24...and you will be lucky to notice at 20x30. For landscape, at base iso with good glass, you need to print very large to see any difference.

The problem with posts like this is the lack of information. We need to know the print size and media. It would sort be like asking what the best vehicle is to get to work...without knowing the person lives on an island and needs a boat.

or lives in the mountains and needs a 4x4

Smaug01
MOD Smaug01 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,388
Stick with your Fuji

...unless you're going to routinely print HUGE. (as The Davinator pointed out)

-- hide signature --

-Jeremy
"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength."
-Eric Hoffer
Opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily DPR's

Smaug01's gear list:Smaug01's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS30 Ricoh GR III Nikon D610 +36 more
Gary Martin
Gary Martin Veteran Member • Posts: 5,114

Thomas Heaton has made some really nice landscape images with an X-T3 and the 55-200.

-- hide signature --
 Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Ricoh GR III Pentax K-1 Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +6 more
Neverlost99
Neverlost99 Senior Member • Posts: 1,023

Tuloom wrote:

Sony A7RII and a used ZEISS Distagon T* 25mm f/2.0 ZF.2 if you want to have your pants blown clean off.

What adaptation would this require? Can you post a few PM me?

Neverlost99's gear list:Neverlost99's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX10 Sony a5000 Nikon Z5 Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR +2 more
j tokarz Senior Member • Posts: 1,247

XT3 is a great cmarera for landscapes, but there are better. All with high Mpxl. Example Pentax K1, awesome camera. Sony A7r's. But, to see the difference you would have to blow them up to really big size. I have some lovely 30x40 inch pictures from my X-T1.

a_c_skinner Forum Pro • Posts: 12,213

There has been a thread on here where someone made very big prints from APS and FF and couldn't tell the difference. Lots of successful landscape snappers shoot Fuji. Don't waste your money. You've seen a bargain. If you needed that camera before you saw the bargain, it is a bargain. If not it is money down the drain. Are you a photographer or camera enthusiast?

-- hide signature --

Andrew Skinner

a_c_skinner's gear list:a_c_skinner's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +5 more
Dem Bell Contributing Member • Posts: 851

Neverlost99 wrote:

Tuloom wrote:

What adaptation would this require? Can you post a few PM me?

Might have to swap the trunks for woven boxers a size up.

D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 31,531

Keep the Fuji gear, but check out the Sigma dp0Q, which is essentially a fixed-lens landscape camera. It can save raw files in the .DNG format, which can be read by Lightroom, Adobe Camera Raw, and others.

I don't have this camera but I've seen some very good example images from it. The lens is excellent.

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/cameras/dp-series/#dp0

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3883972

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
EOS GUY

I've always fancied a Sigma Foveon camera but the software is reportedly still painfully slow etc.

-- hide signature --

-Ralph Waldo Emmerson
Is what you're going to say - True. Helpful. Important (or Inspiring.) Necessary. Kind.

Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Canon EF-S 24mm F2.8 STM +6 more
BrentSchumer
BrentSchumer Senior Member • Posts: 4,476

Rastadori wrote:

10-24

56mm

35mm

Are your current shots not pleasing?

The S1R is a lot of money and weight (both for the camera and lenses) that should provide a commensurate benefit for you to invest.

BrentSchumer's gear list:BrentSchumer's gear list
Sony RX100 VI Sony a7R III Venus Laowa 100mm F2.8 Macro Tamron 20mm F2.8 Di III OSD Tamron 28-200mm F2.8-5.6 +1 more
The Davinator

EOS GUY wrote:

I've always fancied a Sigma Foveon camera but the software is reportedly still painfully slow etc.

The noise is poor and the dynamic range is atrocious!

EOS GUY

The Davinator wrote:

EOS GUY wrote:

I know but just for landscape.  They do have that medium format type of look to them

Yup I'm gonna say it.

3-d pop.

They do though man, even in the forums and sample photos.

Deffo something special

(I'll likely never get one though as software buggy and not my main type of photography.  But props to them, the photos I have seen have blown my socks off.)

-- hide signature --

-Ralph Waldo Emmerson

D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 31,531

The Davinator wrote:

EOS GUY wrote:

The Quattro models, such as the dp0Q, can save DNG files if you install the latest firmware. So there is no need to use the Sigma raw converter, which is indeed slow.

Don Cox

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads