This month with your Nikon 1 - January 2021

Started Jan 15, 2021 | Discussions
holgerlinke Regular Member • Posts: 456
This month with your Nikon 1 - January 2021

First of all, my apologies for being late with renewing this thread and for being offline for a while. Home office work with too many hours was driving me somewhat insane and I felt that I needed more off-screen time. But I'm also missing this forum and its members, so here I am again. Thank you William for pinging me!

#########

Welcome to another monthly thread. Feel free to share your work either here or through individual threads on the forum, whatever you are more comfortable with.

The rules are simple:

• Add your contribution by responding to this first message in this topic.
  • Change the subject of your message, then embed your image into the reply with whatever you’d like to say about it.
  • If you want criticism/critique (C&C) or technique feedback, say so. It’s generally assumed that you want general feedback, but direct requests make it clearer.

The title of the thread shouldn't discourage you from posting older pictures. Feel free to post anything that you found again in your archives or that you are currently working on.

Link to previous threads:

2020: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2019: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2018: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May - April - March - Feb - Jan

2017: Dec - Nov - Oct - Sep - Aug - July - June - May- April - March - Feb

Cheers,
Holger

-- hide signature --

WSSA Member #454 - Worldwide Squirrel Shooters Association

holgerlinke's gear list:holgerlinke's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7R II Nikon Z7 +19 more
MoJohn Junior Member • Posts: 32
Re: This month with your Nikon 1 - January 2021

Morup Mølle d 13/01- 2021

Doverodde d 09/01-2021

"Ghost Harbour" Doverodde 09/01-2021

January weather in Denmark 2021 - stay safe . .

RichDitch
RichDitch Senior Member • Posts: 1,463

I like these all, but especially the bench shot. Very calming and restful.

-- hide signature --

You can see a lot just by looking.
WSSA #449

greggyh Regular Member • Posts: 161
Chilly

Cross Country Ski venture with the J5 and 11-27.5 past the Nokhu Crags to Thunder Pass.  It was cold and windy but good to get out.  This trail had been closed since August due to the Cameron Peak fire.  The largest wildfire in Colorado history.  This area is just to the west of the burn area.

Nokhu Crags

Crags from Thunder Pass

greggyh's gear list:greggyh's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D7200 Nikon 1 J5 +11 more
RichDitch
Re: Chilly

A nice group of photos. That's a good minimal camera and lens for such an adventure.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

Miss tilly
Miss tilly Senior Member • Posts: 2,058

These are excellent, very calming, thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Gary

Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,099
Looking across Jemaa el-Fnaa

in Marrakech, giving the old shot some DXO treatment

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
radp1 Regular Member • Posts: 170
A few with the V3

Soligor C mount 25mm 0.95.

-- hide signature --

Rad

radp1's gear list:radp1's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z fc +4 more
iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Landing Vulture

I went to a hiking route where I know there usually are griffin vultures, and in the middle of it I just stopped behind some trees to photograph a group that was congregating on top of a rock formation. Some vultures joined the group, and after some time they left, and I could capture landing and taking off photos.

I worked the fist photo in postprocess more than the others, to make the vulture stand out a little bit more from the background, and that is why it looks a bit different than the others.

André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 11,303
Re: Looking across Jemaa el-Fnaa

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

in Marrakech, giving the old shot some DXO treatment

Love it. Brings back some nice memories.

Thanks for sharing

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
André BARELIER

MoJohn wrote:

Morup Mølle d 13/01- 2021

Doverodde d 09/01-2021

"Ghost Harbour" Doverodde 09/01-2021

January weather in Denmark 2021 - stay safe . .

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

-- hide signature --

André

Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
André BARELIER

greggyh wrote:

Cross Country Ski venture with the J5 and 11-27.5 past the Nokhu Crags to Thunder Pass. It was cold and windy but good to get out. This trail had been closed since August due to the Cameron Peak fire. The largest wildfire in Colorado history. This area is just to the west of the burn area.

Nokhu Crags

Crags from Thunder Pass

Very nice set. Congratulations!

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER
Re: A few with the V3

radp1 wrote:

Nice set of very different pictures. I like them.

Thanks for sharing

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER
Re: Landing Vulture

iserp wrote:

I went to a hiking route where I know there usually are griffin vultures, and in the middle of it I just stopped behind some trees to photograph a group that was congregating on top of a rock formation. Some vultures joined the group, and after some time they left, and I could capture landing and taking off photos.

I worked the fist photo in postprocess more than the others, to make the vulture stand out a little bit more from the background, and that is why it looks a bit different than the others.

Very nice set. I wonder how you can shoot with the 300mm attached to the J5 with no EVF. Congratulations!

I took the liberty to play with the last one. Here is the result: I hope you don't mind.

Stay safe

-- hide signature --

André

radp1 Regular Member • Posts: 170
Re: A few with the V3

André BARELIER wrote:

radp1 wrote:

Nice set of very different pictures. I like them.

Thanks for sharing

Thank you very much Andre.

-- hide signature --

Rad

radp1's gear list:radp1's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z fc +4 more
greggyh Regular Member • Posts: 161

Thank you André.

greggyh's gear list:greggyh's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7000 Nikon Coolpix P330 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D7200 Nikon 1 J5 +11 more
Wu Jiaqiu
Wu Jiaqiu Forum Pro • Posts: 29,099
Re: Looking across Jemaa el-Fnaa

André BARELIER wrote:

Love it. Brings back some nice memories.

Thanks for sharing

many thanks

-- hide signature --

the computer says no

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D2Xs Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 J3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +3 more
iserp Forum Member • Posts: 54
Re: Landing Vulture

Thank you! I hardly play with sharpness settings because I usually don't like what I get and I go back and forth, pixel-peeping and spending too much time on it. I like the look you got.

About J5 and the 70-300CX, another user of this forum provided files to 3D-print a plastic ring where to attach a red dot sight (in this thread https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62023424), and it is quite easy to follow birds in flight with that arrangement. When the bird is stationary I first locate the bird with the red dot sight and then I go to the back LCD to make sure that the focus is in the right position or to change composition.

RichDitch
Tulips

Just messing around indoors here. I should have used one of the many idle tripods so I could have stopped down more and got better depth of field.

Natural light from a nearby window, with the flowers in a dark corner.

-- hide signature --

WSSA #449

bazzk New Member • Posts: 20

Traveled to Bali last Dec 2020 with Nikon 1 J5
 Kintamani - Bali  Dec 2020

Gianyar - Bali, Dec 2020

Besakih - Bali, Dec 2020

bazzk's gear list:bazzk's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Ricoh GR Fujifilm X70 Fujifilm X-E1 +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads