Fujifilm X100V / Lensbaby converter/adapter?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
PhotoKBKLYN New Member • Posts: 15
Fujifilm X100V / Lensbaby converter/adapter?

Hi All,

I purchased a Lensbaby Sol 45 for my Canon EOS DSLR and would like to use it with my new Fujifilm x100v. I got a Canon -Fujifilm X adapter, but it seems it will only work with X-series with interchangeable lenses.

The x100v has a fixed lens, but accepts filters. Is this even a possibility?  Even if I had a fuji-x mount lensbaby lens?

Thanks in advance!

Fujifilm X100V Lensbaby Sol 45 (DSLR) Lensbaby Sol 45 (Mirrorless)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
giarc
giarc Senior Member • Posts: 1,054
Re: Fujifilm X100V / Lensbaby converter/adapter?

PhotoKBKLYN wrote:

Hi All,

I purchased a Lensbaby Sol 45 for my Canon EOS DSLR and would like to use it with my new Fujifilm x100v. I got a Canon -Fujifilm X adapter, but it seems it will only work with X-series with interchangeable lenses.

The x100v has a fixed lens, but accepts filters. Is this even a possibility? Even if I had a fuji-x mount lensbaby lens?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, thats never going to work. The X100 series is a fixed lens camera. The only way to use the Canon 2 Fuji adapter is a with an interchangeable lens camera.

The XE series of Fuji cameras have a similar form factor to the X100 series, but are interchangeable lens cameras. Maybe you really wanted one of those?

OP PhotoKBKLYN New Member • Posts: 15

Thanks! I figured that was the case. lol

I absolutely LOVE the x100v's fixed lens. Since I already had the Lensbaby I thought it would be fun to be able to toss it on once in a while.

For anyone else wondering, I was able to adapt Lensbaby's Omni kit using step-up filter rings. It looks ridiculous but totally functional! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks again!

OP PhotoKBKLYN New Member • Posts: 15

For anyone wondering, I was able to adapt Lensbaby's Omni kit using step-up filter rings. It looks ridiculous but totally functional! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads