Egret in the garden

Started 3 months ago | Discussions
thomas27 Forum Member • Posts: 53
Egret in the garden

TomS53 Senior Member • Posts: 1,493
Re: Egret in the garden

A 'Snowy' from the looks of it.  Stay Safe!

TomS53's gear list:TomS53's gear list
Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 13,374

In egret "squish" mode.

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @yardcoyote

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
davidedric Veteran Member • Posts: 6,566

TomS53 wrote:

A 'Snowy' from the looks of it. Stay Safe!

Depends where the OP is.  If he's in the Old World it's a little egret - very similar but different species.

davidedric's gear list:davidedric's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more

davidedric wrote:

TomS53 wrote:

A 'Snowy' from the looks of it. Stay Safe!

Depends where the OP is. If he's in the Old World it's a little egret - very similar but different species.

Ahh!  Thanks for that info David.  Looking again, the area around the eyes are not the yellow of the Snowy, unless that is an indication of a juvenile.  Maybe the OP will chime in again with what part of the world the photo was taken.  Its good to learn new stuff, and I have a lot to learn about birds.  Stay Safe!

Nikon D7200 Nikon Z7 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III +8 more
OP thomas27 Forum Member • Posts: 53

East Yorkshire UK

davidedric Veteran Member • Posts: 6,566

thomas27 wrote

East Yorkshire UK

Then little egret.  It's amazing how quickly  little egrets have spread north through the uk over the past few years.  Not found their way to my garden yet  but if it's sparrows you're after I can help 

davidedric's gear list:davidedric's gear list
Sony RX100 VII Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Panasonic G85 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +3 more
D Cox Forum Pro • Posts: 28,251

davidedric wrote:

thomas27 wrote

East Yorkshire UK

Then little egret. It's amazing how quickly little egrets have spread north through the uk over the past few years. Not found their way to my garden yet but if it's sparrows you're after I can help

I'm in North Yorkshire and I haven't seen one yet. I'm waiting for the parakeets too.

Don Cox

D Cox's gear list:D Cox's gear list
Sigma fp
User4286416121 Contributing Member • Posts: 695

Monk parakeets here but rare.  Very seldom spotted.  Chicago area.

thomas27 wrote:

East Yorkshire UK

thomas, thanks for the location.  Stay Safe!

davidedric wrote:

thomas27 wrote

East Yorkshire UK

Then little egret. It's amazing how quickly little egrets have spread north through the uk over the past few years. Not found their way to my garden yet but if it's sparrows you're after I can help

David, well done on the ID.  Again, thank you for the correction to my earlier attempt.  Stay Safe!

OP thomas27 Forum Member • Posts: 53

Have amazing birds in our garden & surrounding paddocks. We are quite rural which is nice. Recent newcomers to the garden are a family of long tailed tits which we haven't had before:-)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads